The LG V60 is here: My Phone of the Year.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how the Buy one, get one free with T-mobile works. It says you don' have to add a line (I already have two lines) but it's kind of confusing otherwise.
I looked at it the other day, and you would just have to have service on both phones, even if an existing line. The free phone gets monthly bill credits to offset the payment (not including the initial sales tax). If you remove one from the line of service, then the bill credits end and you would be required to pay the remainder of the balance.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Well my quick impressions before going to bed: the front facing camera is wonderful!(also 4k60 from the front) Speakers sound nice and full. Camera lost some of that old LG magic due to mainstreaming things.(more on that much later) The finish is not a slippery mess.(finally someone did it) Dual screen is nice and useful. Headphone jack again. I love it. Size is huge but manageable. Settings app is a mess still. Always on display is fantastic.(missed that on the OnePlus 7 Pro) Also one handed mode!(also missing on OnePlus) 60hz display from 90hz: hmm need more time to say if I can tell a real difference. Setting it up tomorrow morning finally.
I was trying out some stuff last night on my current phone but was needing an intervalometer (not to be confused with time lapse, like Google seems to think) capable camera app. I found this one that was on sale for free in case that's something you'd want. It's one of the few things I wish LG had on their app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lensesdev.manual.camera.pro

I don't know if the sale is still going on, but it did what I wanted.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
How does it feel in the pocket. That's the only thing holding me back. I'm afraid it will be too heavy and bulky.
Lol I actually don't know yet. It was on the charger or in my hands at all times yesterday. I think it will be fine though.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Well my quick impressions before going to bed: the front facing camera is wonderful!(also 4k60 from the front) Speakers sound nice and full. Camera lost some of that old LG magic due to mainstreaming things.(more on that much later) The finish is not a slippery mess.(finally someone did it) Dual screen is nice and useful. Headphone jack again. I love it. Size is huge but manageable. Settings app is a mess still. Always on display is fantastic.(missed that on the OnePlus 7 Pro) Also one handed mode!(also missing on OnePlus) 60hz display from 90hz: hmm need more time to say if I can tell a real difference. Setting it up tomorrow morning finally.

Thank you for posting your initial impressions of the device! Super excited to hear that the camera and AOD are performing swimmingly. Wow! One-handed mode must be pretty sick! Keep us posted on further impressions!

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
I looked at it the other day, and you would just have to have service on both phones, even if an existing line. The free phone gets monthly bill credits to offset the payment (not including the initial sales tax). If you remove one from the line of service, then the bill credits end and you would be required to pay the remainder of the balance.

Thanks, I guess I'll pass on that. The second line is a teen and I don't want him to have that phone at school.

Last edited:

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Higher ohms doesn't always mean better. On the real high ohm models you have to be warry of the sensitivity. You want higher sensitivity otherwise you need more power to drive them. Shouldn't be a problem if you stay under 250 ohms
Ended up going with these which is just the type of versatility I was looking for. Bluetooth quality headphones that I can also plug the wire into when I want to.
44a329bb43fcfb3d0ec1441f778af56b.jpg

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Why you don't have the gestures setup? That's the whole point in everything.
I love the LG navigation buttons and especially the one that brings down the notification shade so I don't have to reach up to bring it down. Most other phones don't have this so it's really helpful when you're away from the home screen with such a large phone. Also the one handed mode is way more accessible now and easier than before. You just swipe from either side of the display and hold briefly and the display comes down. I missed that feature greatly when I had the OnePlus 7 Pro.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I can't speak for him, but I miss the LG navigation options. I used a 5 button set-up on my V20 and would do the same (if possible) with the V60.
@RaRa85 does the V60 have Q-Slide/floating apps?
Yep you were reading my mind.lol The floating apps? I have to see about that. I'll let you know.

Edit: the floating apps are gone unfortunately. A few other omissions have occurred in the camera app as well. I had hoped LG just added more and retained the old features but it looks like we gained some and lost some. One of the biggest ommissions is the quick toggle between wide and ultrawide lenses. You either cycle from 1x, 2x to 0.5x or hold down the toggle and manually scroll back to 0.5x. Hopefully LG changes that in a future update.

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I stand corrected! I still think that earlier video was click bait due to not showing active functions, but this is a welcome surprise. Bit of a bummer remote connectivity isn't an option (I wonder if someone could hack S-pen compatibility?) but still a step in the right direction. Now I'm wondering what the V70 could have in store.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I stand corrected! I still think that earlier video was click bait due to not showing active functions, but this is a welcome surprise. Bit of a bummer remote connectivity isn't an option (I wonder if someone could hack S-pen compatibility?) but still a step in the right direction. Now I'm wondering what the V70 could have in store.
Thinking ahead already?lol Yeah this is a welcomed surprise like you said. Especially since LG has been terrible about promoting or explaining this feature. They really need to hire someone who has a clue about marketing. Same old stuff from them. Also the 3D sound engine thing is amazing. I just clicked it for the first time and I was really amazed by the quality.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Thinking ahead already?lol Yeah this is a welcomed surprise like you said. Especially since LG has been terrible about promoting or explaining this feature. They really need to hire someone who has a clue about marketing. Same old stuff from them.
Yeah, marketing was never their strong point.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I've been using it since it launch. One thing I noticed is LG UI had been clean up little bit since LG 6, lol. Here's my pro and cons.

Pro:
Audio DAC
Massive screen size 6.8" - 1080p
5000mhz battery size
LG Pay - Finally!!!
JACK ;)

Con:

1. Not the best bezel-less phone
2. Software still need more optimization, the lag is there.
3. LG Smartworld is big joke for customize
4. They should input 90hz display.

Overall, this phone don't have that much attention compared to Samsung. The pricing is right for a lot consumers. $799 :).

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been using it since it launch. One thing I noticed is LG UI had been clean up little bit since LG 6, lol. Here's my pro and cons.

Pro:
Audio DAC
Massive screen size 6.8" - 1080p
5000mhz battery size
LG Pay - Finally!!!
JACK ;)

Con:

1. Not the best bezel-less phone
2. Software still need more optimization, the lag is there.
3. LG Smartworld is big joke for customize
4. They should input 90hz display.

Overall, this phone don't have that much attention compared to Samsung. The pricing is right for a lot consumers. $799 :).

That is one snazzy "pro" list. Love the big battery size and that's so awesome that it now has LG Pay!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe