Which to buy?

mattkerwin24

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

I posted something similar in the Pixelbook forum, so figured I'd get some views from here as well.

I work in education and have a school issued Chromebook locked to the schools domain. I am currently in the market for a personal Chromebook for home use, and have narrowed it down between the Pixelbook and Samsung Chromebook Pro.

Any of you used either or both, and could recommend one over the other?

Telstar1948

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, I'm really only familiar with the Pro since I own one. I truly like it a lot. Very compact & light to handle and take with me. It's quick and I've not run into a situation where I've managed to slow it down. I'm learning as I go since this is my first real CB, but I really like it. It's a relief to not have to deal with Windows all the time (desktop is Windows because there's some software I can't substitute nor do without). If I had the money to buy a PB? Don't know...depends on your preferences and needs, I suppose. Anyway, my Pro is a great device and it's had no issues at all.

mattkerwin24

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, I'm really only familiar with the Pro since I own one. I truly like it a lot. Very compact & light to handle and take with me. It's quick and I've not run into a situation where I've managed to slow it down. I'm learning as I go since this is my first real CB, but I really like it. It's a relief to not have to deal with Windows all the time (desktop is Windows because there's some software I can't substitute nor do without). If I had the money to buy a PB? Don't know...depends on your preferences and needs, I suppose. Anyway, my Pro is a great device and it's had no issues at all.
Thanks for the input, there's a whole forum for PB, but hadn't heard many first hand accounts from a Pro user.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Google did a great job with the Pixelbook in my opinion its fast and does anything you need it to do. Setup is quick and easy only draw back is the lack of accessories for the pixel book.