Samsung Galaxy Centura

Sweet_p59

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi!
I am not sure which sub forum to post this on so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong one. We have a Galaxy Centura (SCH-S738c) phone with Straight Talk. We'd like to move all our contacts, photos, videos, etc. to the sd card in the phone. Is there an easy app to do that with? I'm new to the android phones and would appreciate any advice you can give.
Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The main items you can move to your external SD card are your media files, but not your contacts. So photos, videos, and music files can be moved. I suggest installing a good 3rd party file manager app like ES File Explorer to move them.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could also try AirDroid, which allows you to manipulate files on your phone over wifi, using a desktop interface. Might be easier if you have to move a whole bunch of files.

If you plug the phone into your computer using your USB cable, you could see if it's easy to access all of your phone's storage areas on your computer's Windows Explorer. I didn't mention this at first because some phones only allow an MTP connection, which doesn't allow the computer to see all storage areas. But if your phone allows a "USB Mass Storage" or "USB Disk Drive" connection, then you should be able to do so, and just use Windows Explorer to drag and drop.

Sweet_p59

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
We are going to try this weekend to see if we can move the items to the phone via a laptop. We had hoped to be able to do it sooner but it hasn't worked out that way. Right now, there's no volume whatsoever on the phone (we've done everything the Rep said to do!) so they are wanting to reset it to the factory settings before they can tell us if the phone is defective and needs to be replaced. The phone was purchased in August of this year so it's not that old of a phone. We just didn't want to lose all our "stuff" if you know what I mean! lol
Thanks again for your helpful advice!