Fold 2 feels expensive

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't know but someone complained about the aluminum frame, though I feel aluminum makes perfect sense to keep the weight down and it should be strong enough.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
This phone is without a doubt premium..using it daily and build is outstanding...
I would expect any device upwards of a thousand dollars to feel that way but premium feel is somewhat of a intangible term. And as we as always hear it didn't make much difference once we put it in a case. What I'd like to see added us water resistance and a screen durable enough to add an Spen and a smoothing out of the crease. Until then it's just a novelty for me.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I would expect any device upwards of a thousand dollars to feel that way but premium feel is somewhat of a intangible term. And as we as always hear it didn't make much difference once we put it in a case. What I'd like to see added us water resistance and a screen durable enough to add an Spen and a smoothing out of the crease. Until then it's just a novelty for me.
It's definitely going to get there in future IMO ... Agree on case but since they don't have much of anything out now we are really seeing that premium during use... I'm totally happy Where's it's at for now I understand not good for many peeps... I don't find it a novelty for my usage though... That's me... I will be rocking with it full steam ahead... Cash is what it is I understand the price... Of course we want it to come down going forward... End of day it's nice having choices... I ordered that S20 FE will be my other Android phone coming soon...

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
They are heading in the right direction with it. It's still a lot of money though.
Basically what they said about the first few Tesla models. They were not built for the masses but the premium buyer. Same is true for the Fold. If they continue, eventually there ill be less expensive models. I don't think there will be any in the current budget or mid tier ranges. Eventually fold like devices in the price range of current high end slab devices.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Am I the only one that thinks that the Fold 2 feels like a prestigious device when it's in your hand?

I'll let you know when mine gets here. I sold the original Fold a month after I had it the screen issues with crease drove me bananas.
Got to get the Fold 2, they seemed to get it right now.
Then I'm done buying high end devices.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
The Fold 2 is, without a doubt, a premium device and it feels like it. There would be absolutely no excuse otherwise. None. The build materials are just fine and the device feels VERY solid in the hand. My biggest issue is perceived durability but I am now committed and will take care of it the best I can. I think that goes with choosing this device. Treat it like an everyday phone at your own risk. Treated and cared for like the special device it is and I think we'll be fine. I really like the unit. It feels like it costs what it costs. The folding display is beautiful and it's beautiful to use. The cover screen is completely useful. The Fold 2 is state of the art. Well, mostly.

Build materials? If they had made the body out of stainless steel like the iPhone 11 Pro the phone might have been stronger but it would have been prohibitively heavy. If they used titanium the phone would have been even more expensive. Carbon fiber? Not durable enough without treatments that would have likely added more costs. The aluminum is just fine but of course the device needs a case. (side rant). I understand Samsung not including a case like on the original Fold but not including them AND not insuring case options available at launch? . Rubs me the wrong way.

Yes, It's a $2K device and, yes, it feels like it. It feels exciting. I think it's a great steps towards more affordable and more durable options in the future.

U_M_E_B_O_S_H_I

Oct 1, 2020
Visit site
This phone IS classy. I usually wait a generation or two depending on the hype and build. I'm glad I waited. This is my present to myself. At 2k, yeah. The fold 2 5G doesn't disappoint.

FrinkTL

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I just received my shipping confirmation for my Unlocked Customized (metallic blue) hinge. Looking forward to getting my hands on it. As an IT professional (Business Analyst), I'm always using multiple devices at once - tablet, laptop, phone and work computer. Thinking this 2 in 1 device will really hit the tech sweet spot.

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
What I am liking the most is the larger front screen and can do it all there. Rarely am I opening the main screen to view content other than YouTube.

Love it, and feels heads above any other phone out there. This is coming from someone who had the Fold 1 with no issues at all.

Ian B

Jonathan Fregoso

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Am I the only one that thinks that the Fold 2 feels like a prestigious device when it's in your hand?

I love my Z Fold 2, rarely use my Note Ultra, if it wasn't for water and dust proof. I would be tempted to drop the note series but until it has S pen capability and the rest. It's somewhat of a tough decision.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I love my Z Fold 2, rarely use my Note Ultra, if it wasn't for water and dust proof. I would be tempted to drop the note series but until it has S pen capability and the rest. It's somewhat of a tough decision.
As much as I like my F2 I still think my Notes are more practical so I can't leave them alone. I have my main sim in my Notes and my secondary sim in my F2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress