HELP!!!! Galaxy Gear Watch Band To Small

ldscalgaryguy

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar problem. I've found that on one size, the strap is just slightly too loose. On the next hole, it's slightly too tight. I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to make a new hole halfway between these sizes. One thing I'm worried could happen is that the hole would be to close and then end up ripping to one large hole. Any help is greatly appreciated!

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar problem. I've found that on one size, the strap is just slightly too loose. On the next hole, it's slightly too tight. I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to make a new hole halfway between these sizes. One thing I'm worried could happen is that the hole would be to close and then end up ripping to one large hole. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I'm kind of in the same boat -- snug on the second to last hole, loose on the last hole -- but I've adjusted to the snugness. I don't mind wearing watches a little loose, but this is a device I want to fit firmly on my wrist so it doesn't move around.

Edit: I'm now at work wearing dress clothes. I usually wear reasonably well tailored dress shirts, and I'm finding the interplay between the watch and my shirt cuffs to be a little annoying. The cuff doesn't slide very well over the watch, which says I may want to wear it on a looser setting so it's always outside/below the cuff. Although that looks a little odd with such a big black watch.

Last edited:

CL Shear

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I see the fix provided by the lovely Ms. Margee65 and I was wondering if anyone else has tried with success? Also once the mod is done what is holding the (snap back) into place from the outside? Is it the nubs alone that are keeping it there or did you adhere it to the band by other means? Thank you in advance.

pappyfire

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I see the fix provided by the lovely Ms. Margee65 and I was wondering if anyone else has tried with success? Also once the mod is done what is holding the (snap back) into place from the outside? Is it the nubs alone that are keeping it there or did you adhere it to the band by other means? Thank you in advance.
I did it, it works perfectly for me. I did not use anything but the nubs to hold it in place. The only thing I did different from Margee65's directions was to round off the corners on the cut end to make them not poke my arm.

Dedrick Hopkins

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Wow...You guys need to get real. I'm 6'2 and 275lbs with hand so big my coworkers lovingly nicknamed me BEAR CLAW! I had NO problem getting the watch over my wide hands NOR fitting on my manly wrists! Yes it's on the last hole but what difference does that make as long as the unit stays secure. I think many of you complaining probably just tried the unit on at Best Buy d which had the charging and security device attached which would in turn make it possible for most people to fit it. If you actually OWN a Gear, you woods see that it is the same size as almost every other standard watch band. Instead is complaining and lying about the watch band, get off your butts and go work out! That's is a sure solution to your wrist situation..... Give me a break.

Ghostma77

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Trying to add a photo of my invention. :)
You can flip the rounded end to be the outside end of the band I guess...so it's a different look..just reverse where you put the "hole"
View attachment 95057

Just did this with mine, you are a lifesaver. Couldn't tell you how bummed out I was when I got my nice new Galaxy Gear and it was too tight :( o lay had a white hat to try it on, was a Canadiens hat so it was worthy of cutting up LOL. only different thing I did was put it inside the band rather than outside.

Posted via Android Central App

Ghostma77

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Wow...You guys need to get real. I'm 6'2 and 275lbs with hand so big my coworkers lovingly nicknamed me BEAR CLAW! I had NO problem getting the watch over my wide hands NOR fitting on my manly wrists! Yes it's on the last hole but what difference does that make as long as the unit stays secure. I think many of you complaining probably just tried the unit on at Best Buy d which had the charging and security device attached which would in turn make it possible for most people to fit it. If you actually OWN a Gear, you woods see that it is the same size as almost every other standard watch band. Instead is complaining and lying about the watch band, get off your butts and go work out! That's is a sure solution to your wrist situation..... Give me a break.

Sounds like against my wrists yours would look like girls. I seriously could not do mine up on the last hole without fear of breaking the watch

Posted via Android Central App

miffed

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Not a regular poster but I had to post to say a huge thanks to margee65! I was on the brink of reluctantly returning my Gear, whick I picked up for the bargain price of ?124.99 from O2 UK, (about $210 - a huge saving considering our launch price was $500!) My emotions have been on a roller coaster, elated to pick a gear up cheap, then gutted it doesn't fit.... then happy again!

Your fix is truly remarkable, many thanks for sharing.

Anthony Puniksem

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
You can't believe that the Galaxy gear doesn't fit, I am a large man with 9" wrist measurement, I cannot get the wrist strap over my hand and definitely cannot get it around my wrist in order to wear the device. Samsung design department have not got a clue what size an average NON Asian man is! Asians are amongst the smallest of the world's overall population, but base their wearable devices on what they consider average sizes. NO WONDER NOTHING FITS Have you ever seen how small a Chinese condom is?

Corey Gomel

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
this is a very common problem. I had same problem and purchased different band.
I have rose gold gear 2 and was planning to get different color band anyway - didn't
like brown, wanted and now have black. I was told Samsung was going to sell bands -
but didn't want to wait forever.....

CL Shear

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

You came to argue with people who are actually experiencing the problems with models at home. Not in the store. Go troll somewhere else Mr. Dainty-Wrists.

lovecars

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I found a company in Virginia that does Galaxy Gear repairs. They were able to replace the band on my galaxy gear 2 without issue.
I shipped them my device and they return shipped it within 48 hours. Very fast service.

Jonathan Hawkins

Galaxy Gear 2 uses a standard watch band width 22mm. you can buy them anywhere even Walley World....

The regular gear cannot be replaced because it has wiring inside of it to power and sync with the camera and run the speaker in the clasp...

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
For an extra $50 you can get a band that fits!!!???

Why can't they just ship the watches with a large band and another box with the "normal" band. I should not have to pay $200 for a watch and then go out and buy another band just to make it functional.

J Keith Sowell

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
They do make a large band now for $29.99. Yo can go to Samsung site to order. Mark the bands part of the "narrow search". This site will not let me put the link on this message!

videogamepie

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I did some googling, and what not found this. I only have found it for sale through AT&T and direct from Samsung:

ht tp://ww w.att.com/we arables/health-and-fitness/samsung-gear-fit-long-band.html#
ht tp://ww w.samsung.c om/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/ET-SR350XBEBUS

I will purchase and provide you an update with physical dimensions if you'd like. It's only $20, so I have no worries mate. :-$