How do I unbrick my V700 Gear?

A

AC Question

I'll preface this with - Yes I know the Gear is out of date. Yes I know I should probably just upgrade. I would if I could, but I have no money to do so. So onto the issue at hand.

I'm 90% positive it's actually bricked. I finally found my original Gear after losing it for a couple of months and went to fiddle with it. It was working perfectly fine, I got it to charge, looked into updates, and found that there is indeed an update to Tizen for it.

So I go ahead to give it a whirl. Needed Kies, so I went for it. Then it all went to ****.

I let it get up to 85%, started the update, the Gear went into "Downloading..." like I expected, then I started to wonder when there was no progress between Kies or the watch.

Then Kies said something about it being incompatible or there was an error, it had disconnected, or something - this was last night. And after searching around, I tried out Odin. Got 3.07 like the post I found said, found "all samsung recovery" from a random website because the post didn't link to anywhere and just said to Google it and download it. (Protip: Never do this. Don't be lazy. Find a reliable link to share or upload your own.)

Odin's not worked. It times out or something.

So I went ahead and said 'screw it' and let it drain overnight. Come back to it, screen's off but I'm skeptical, put it on the charger and right back to Downloading.

I have no idea what to do at this point. I doubt Best Buy's Samsung place could help because it's so out of date, but I could definitely go there and give it a shot. Any tips at all? Step by step walk through? I've tried longpressing the power button but it doesn't help. It just turns the screen off, and when I hit the power button again it immediately comes back on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non