Using Galaxy Grand in the US

Slartey

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I picked up a Galaxy Grand in India on a recent business trip and hoped to be able to use it in the US. I bought a Net10 SIM card and this works fine for phone calls (AT&T and T-Mobile) but data connections will not work. I have set up the APN settings per specs (I called Net10 to confirm) but have not been successful. I got a note from Net10 that only domestic (US) phones from those two carriers work, but as my Grand is unlocked, I cannot see why it would not work - any idea what might have been done to the phone to stop it working? Anyone had success trying to do what I want to do?

Simon

Slartey

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Success - I was experimenting with the phone last night and discovered that if you set the network type to WCDMA (not GSM or auto-detect) and use the published APN values, the phone works like a charm with the Net10/T-Mobile SIM (data and voice).

AbhiKap55

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Success - I was experimenting with the phone last night and discovered that if you set the network type to WCDMA (not GSM or auto-detect) and use the published APN values, the phone works like a charm with the Net10/T-Mobile SIM (data and voice).

I have a Galaxy Grand as well and I am having the same issue - can you pls explain how you fixed it?