PLEASE HELP. Cracked glass digitizer!!!

Serena Murphy

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I have cracked the glass digitizer on my samsung galaxy grand duos. Can the digitizer be replaced without having to replace the LCD? I need it replaced ASAP. I have heard in some phones the LCD and digitizer are glued together and therefore you have to replace the whole unit but I cannot find anyone selling the whole unit online. I don't know what to do and the glass is so shattered it's driving me crazy. :'(

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey Serena. In most devices, the LCD and digitizer are fused together, however, it is possible to separate the two. It is difficult, and often results in a broken part, so i would be weary of anyone selling the part separately. Your best bet would be to buy the whole part.

Nirwainstock

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I also cracked my Samsung Grand glass.
I see on the web that there is an option to buy the glass and/or the digitizer (looks similar but with a tiny cable on the top.
what's the diff?
Thanks...

Money Dumper

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I have cracked the glass digitizer on my samsung galaxy grand duos. Can the digitizer be replaced without having to replace the LCD? I need it replaced ASAP. I have heard in some phones the LCD and digitizer are glued together and therefore you have to replace the whole unit but I cannot find anyone selling the whole unit online. I don't know what to do and the glass is so shattered it's driving me crazy. :'(

Here is a Video Tutorial on Youtube how to fix easy an Touchscreen on a Samsung galaxy grand 2
https://youtu.be/Id95veDZvL4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38