i have a rooting problem in a samsung galaxy J3

reble1

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got this Samsung Galaxy J3 phone. I was following instructions that I found online for rooting the phone. I got as far as booting into recovery mode. The next step was to make a backup file. This next line is right out of the instructions "Take a backup, it is optional but important because if something happen bad in rooting, backup file will help you to restore previous state easily. So press ‘backup’ button, check all the boxes for backing up everything and then swipe to start the game". I must have pressed something by accident and started some kind of unknown download. I can stop the download and get the phone back into normal mode and everything works fine except for I can't get back into recovery mode now. when I turn the phone off and then press the volume down, home button and power button I get the following screen capture picture bellow. I don't know how to fix this. I could use some help please.

Steve

Attachments

• j3 warning.jpg
    j3 warning.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 7

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
You need to be pressing vol up, home & power. Study these articles CAREFULLLY. Any little errors could mean you have an expensive paperweight

reble1

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Every thing in the article is very clear except for making the backup file. There is no backup button.

PS the volume up, home, power buttons worked. I am back in the recovery mode and that screen capture of the download is gone. I still can't find that button to make the backup file. Not that there is anything much to backup other then what came stock with the phone.

You need to be pressing vol up, home & power. Study these articles CAREFULLLY. Any little errors could mean you have an expensive paperweight

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
You said you couldn't get into recovery so I answered your question. I searched for the text you underlined and traced the article. It's garbage. Check over on XDA forums to see if there is root for your variant of the J3. It has to be for the correct variant and as far as I can see there is little success.
I f you still want to try the procedure on that site just use Smart Switch to back up your device. Would I do it? Not a chance!

reble1

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Purgs for your advice. I will go over to XDA and see what they have.

You said you couldn't get into recovery so I answered your question. I searched for the text you underlined and traced the article. It's garbage. Check over on XDA forums to see if there is root for your variant of the J3. It has to be for the correct variant and as far as I can see there is little success.
I f you still want to try the procedure on that site just use Smart Switch to back up your device. Would I do it? Not a chance!

reble1

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
After a little more online reading about this phone I found at XDA a better rooting setup and the phone is now rooted. I also found that the picture of the warning that I screen captured and posted above is a normal process of going into download mode. Volume down, home, power goes directly into the download mode. Volume up, home button, power button goes into main recovery mode screen. Then get to the download mode via the bootloader mode.

Steve

reble1

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
My room mate keeps saying: NEVER say never, it won't happen and then he reminds me of the $200,000.00 back pay that I got a few years back from Social Security for a mistake that Social Security made 30 years ago. The idea behind that is keep plugging away at it. You will find what you are looking for.

Didn't even know the J3 had root. Might get mine done today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87