Flip LCD output without Flipping Digitizer?

bryan114

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Thank you guys for any input on this matter.

I have a Galaxy Mega that has a broken LCD. The break in the LCD has caused the screen output to mirror itself vertical, without the digitizer following it. So if you tap on the bottom of the screen the display will show you tapping on the top of the screen. It's obviously recognizing you're tapping on the bottom, but whatever you actually want to tap on is on the top. The screen didn't rotate itself as if you just turned the phone upside down and it rotated. It mirrored itself. So instead of tapping on the bottom left and it showing you tap on the top right, it will show you tap on the top left.

Sorry if any of this is confusing.

The interesting thing is that android recognizes a problem with the LCD and actually shows all characters in that weird backwards writing you sometimes see. ˙sᴉɥʇ ǝʞᴉl ʇol ∀

I tried taking a screen shot to show you, but it came out absolutely normal as if nothing was wrong.

We are going to buy a new screen, but in the mean time I thought it would be an interesting topic to find out about. My question being: Is there someway through the android system that I can mirror the screen back down to make it functional? The screen rotating app I tried made it look normal, but also rotated the digitizer of course so it was the same problem about the tapping, just upside down.

The digitizer is not cracked and works fine as far as I can tell.

Thank you guys and please let me know if there is anything I can elaborate on! I'm not sure about the android version. should be 4.2 or something close to that. :cool:

Honestly it's more of an android question than a mega question so if you guys want to move it you can.