Galaxy Note 10.1 2014: Unfortunately Scrapbook has stopped!

Guenni101

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Bought my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 last weekend. Scrapbook worked but now out of a sudden it fails . :'(

When I launch it, the brown app screen appears, is non-responsive, then after a few seconds the screen goes black, then the device's home screen comes up with the message "Unfortunately, Scrapbook has stopped". I have tried to clear the app's cache & data, and also to force stop & relaunch it, to no avail.

Chatted with Samsung but their suggestion to do a factory reset scares me. I spent alot of time in configuring and setting up my device, and I have no confidence that backup & restore via Kies will actually bring me back my configuration.

Scrapbook isn't that important an application, therefore, unless one of you forum friends have a solution, I will just wait for a firmware update, hoping it does resolve this bug.

Many thanks for reading this far!

jnichols16

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Scrapbook has never run on my note. I doubt very much that a reset will help.

I've spent 30 days trying to find out and learn all this tablet can do. I'm busy enough without Scrapbook for right now, and figure the next update will fix it.

Don't know how much that helps. But at least you know that others have the same issue, and agree that a reset probably isn't the best thing right now.

mrspatmore

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine one week and scrapbook works fine. It will not pay YouTube videos, though. Incessant buffering is driving me nuts. And it's crashed Chrome twice, for no apparent reason. I'm considering sending it back. I expect more from a $500 tablet.

Posted via Android Central App

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine one week and scrapbook works fine. It will not pay YouTube videos, though. Incessant buffering is driving me nuts. And it's crashed Chrome twice, for no apparent reason. I'm considering sending it back. I expect more from a $500 tablet.

I've crashed chrome and Firefox. also have YouTube issues, but it's intermittent.

btw ;-) LOVE your name. have you caught season 4 yet hehe

mrspatmore

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Another poster recommended to uninstall and then reinstall YouTube app. That *seems* to have fixed my problem with YouTube. I still have lag issues. I'm going to install Nova launcher - hopefully that will fix the lag. I really want to love this tablet. Swyping on the Samsung keyboard is not anywhere near as accurate as on my Nexus 7. That's a disappointment. P.S. I thought the next season of Downton started in January?

susang4

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased the Samsung Galaxy 3 Note
scrapbook not working, I cleared cache and data..
does anyone have a solution?
please help..I don't want to have to reinstall everything.
I have searched and searched for an answer and no one seems to have any?

Last edited:

The KISS Army

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I've got a Note 3 and was loving Scrapbook and using it a lot! Now, it freezes and then times-out and I can't access the important stuff that I have in there. This blows!

Ongkellin

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I encountered same error with Snote and Action Memo. I went to Samsung service center and was told the apps have crashed and need to reinstall. Left the device in the center and done after 30mins but had to reformat it.

CSampNoteLover

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the *exact* same issue on my Galaxy Note 3. Brown screen, then black then "Unfortunately...." error message. Oddly, I still seem to be able to add things to my Scrapbooks using Air Command and the SPen. I just can't access them.

I uninstalled and re-installed YouTube, no help. I have too much of my work life on my phine to do a factory reset. Does anyone know how to do a general Samsung update? Would that help at all?

pete2828

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I have the *exact* same issue on my Galaxy Note 3. Brown screen, then black then "Unfortunately...." error message. Oddly, I still seem to be able to add things to my Scrapbooks using Air Command and the SPen. I just can't access them.

I uninstalled and re-installed YouTube, no help. I have too much of my work life on my phine to do a factory reset. Does anyone know how to do a general Samsung update? Would that help at all?

Yes I did a system update and now my scrapbook is working great! I have been struggling with this and trying everything but this is the only thing that has worked. Even a Samsung rep couldn't figure it out. So here is what I did. Go to settings..General...then system update. It takes some time and you need wifi but it worked!

pete2828

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Also, you have to save your videos while they are actually in "play" mode on YouTube for them to play in scrapbook. Otherwise you are just saving a screen pic of the video from the general search YouTube page.

Senior_Citizen

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if my comment will be helpful or not, but I have a galaxy note 3 and Scrapbook works. Then I got a galaxy note 8 and I couldn't find the scrapbook icon. Then I was looking in S-Note and it's one of the folders in there. That was a revelation (to me).

Esraa Kudo

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Yes I did a system update and now my scrapbook is working great! I have been struggling with this and trying everything but this is the only thing that has worked. Even a Samsung rep couldn't figure it out. So here is what I did. Go to settings..General...then system update. It takes some time and you need wifi but it worked!

I did system update and still not working ㅠㅠ

electrocutus1

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
My scrapbook always worked fine on my note 10.1 2014. However, when I upgraded to lollipop last month, all the scrapbooks I had created disappeared! Then they magically reappeared a few days later, and now everything seems to work fine.

BoRoBoata

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Had the problem a couple of hours ago. I have uninstalled it, with no backup, so I had to extract the app from a stock ROM.

If you're rooted, try converting Scrapbook to an user app instead of a system one. I used Titanium Backup, you could use others that can handle such an operation.
Works like a charm now.

mezashite

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Do you have a link on how to do that?
I have a galaxy note pro 12.2 and lately email, clock, contacts and scrapbook aren't working and I'm considering rooting the device. But I'd like to know if there's a safe way to go back if I ever wanted to and if I keep all the samsung apps like snote and pen stuff...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non