Where is the Twitter app for Samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

With the last Twitter update, the pre-installed Twitter app stopped working. Now I cannot find a download that is compatible with my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. Not on Playstore or on Samsung site.

Can anyone help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I agree with mustang7757 -- the best you can do is to use the Twitter website on your browser, or try to find an apk installer file for an older version of Twitter that's compatible with that device and its OS version.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
That device topped out at Lollipop (5.1.1 in some regions). The Twitter FAQ indicates it SHOULD be available for versions newer than 4.4, but it may not be available to support that tablet due to some other hardware flag. For what it's worth - it IS available for my Tab S3.

A

Android Central Question

Downloaded Twitter APK file for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014, but it won't install.

Built-in Twitter app stopped working on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. Downloaded the APK from Samsung, but it refuses to install. Tried uninstalling the built-in app, but the best Samsung will let me do is clear data and cache, force stop and disable. Doing that does not allow the reinstall.

Restarting the native app yields error message "Unfortunately, Twitter has stopped."

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Downloaded Twitter APK file for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014, but it won't install.

Allow apps from unknown sources?

Email the Twitter app developer.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Downloaded Twitter APK file for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014, but it won't install.

Have you checked the Play Store to see if the app will update from there?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bottom line - the device can probably no longer run the minimum version of the app that the server needs. You'll have to access Twitter through your web browser.

Omer Causey

Dec 29, 2019
Visit site
On Playstore, Twitter for Android 5.x doesn't even appear when I search.

I checked the Allow Unknown Sources block and was successful in downloading the APK file for Android 5.1.1 (same version as came preinstalled) directly from Samsung. It is the installation that is being blocked. Restarting the preinstalled app results in error message "Unfortunately, Twitter has stopped."

No response from Samsung.

Using web access with no issues.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
On Playstore, Twitter for Android 5.x doesn't even appear when I search.

I checked the Allow Unknown Sources block and was successful in downloading the APK file for Android 5.1.1 (same version as came preinstalled) directly from Samsung. It is the installation that is being blocked. Restarting the preinstalled app results in error message "Unfortunately, Twitter has stopped."

No response from Samsung.

Using web access with no issues.
Hi, Welcome!
You might have to uninstall the current version of Twitter or delete the app to install the APK.

Omer Causey

Dec 29, 2019
Visit site
I have tried to uninstall and/or remove the preinstalled app. Will not allow. Tried all combinations of Disable, Force Stop, Clear Cache, Clear Data, with cold restarts each time.

Checked on the mirror site suggested. Twitter 5.22.0 is not there. Too old, I guess.

Thanks for the attempts at helping. Wasted enough of everyone's time.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, it's a fact of life for aging devices. This device is now 5, almost 6, years old and hasn't had any kind of OS or security updates in 2-3 years. Some app developers are looking to take advantage of newer features available in Android, which can make older API's (and as a result, Android versions) incompatible with the new versions of the app.

Even if you COULD find the older APK it may not have worked - I've seen some apps that will not let you log in unless you were on the latest version, and that was only one version behind!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have tried to uninstall and/or remove the preinstalled app. Will not allow. Tried all combinations of Disable, Force Stop, Clear Cache, Clear Data, with cold restarts each time.

Checked on the mirror site suggested. Twitter 5.22.0 is not there. Too old, I guess.

Thanks for the attempts at helping. Wasted enough of everyone's time.
It's not a waste of time , sorry but on that device might have to use the browser version until you get something newer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rezaking886