Resize Photo

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I know I can choose a photo resolution before taking a picture (and use the cropping feature afterwards) but is there a way to resize a photo after I've taken it. I can't find a way to resize a picture before sending it via email. All my Apple friends were quick to tell me they can do it on their ipads <lol> so surely our great and mighty GN 10.1 2014 can do it :D

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can either go into the e-mail app settings and change the picture attachment settings (it automatically re-sizes the pictures to the value you specify) or you can use third party apps like the one dianehelen suggested, there's also the light version of Photoshop that will let you do this, or you can use Samsung's own Photo Editor (some phones have this pre-installed, some others you need to go into Samsung Apps and download it). Your iPad-totting friends are probably using the 'automatic re-sizing' option.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
SpookDroid, I would rather use a setting within Gmail rather than have to go thru a 3rd party app (more downloads and more steps) but I don't see where in Gmail to make this change. Could you please direct me to it (provided it actually has a setting to do this). I'm surprised thre was
Thanks
You can either go into the e-mail app settings and change the picture attachment settings (it automatically re-sizes the pictures to the value you specify) or you can use third party apps like the one dianehelen suggested, there's also the light version of Photoshop that will let you do this, or you can use Samsung's own Photo Editor (some phones have this pre-installed, some others you need to go into Samsung Apps and download it). Your iPad-totting friends are probably using the 'automatic re-sizing' option.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ooooh, you want to do it in the GMail app... then I'm sorry, you're out of luck, there's no such setting. And if I recall correctly, it's not there either on the iPad counterpart. If you use, however, the stock E-Mail app with your Google account, then the settings I mentioned are there; I imagine that's how your iPad friends do that, too.

gpayne99

May 10, 2016
Visit site

While this was the case with my s4 I do not have the option with my s7. This is driving me crazy

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
While this was the case with my s4 I do not have the option with my s7. This is driving me crazy

I haven't used the stock e-mail app in a while since I discovered Nine for Exchange, and since my company limits the amount of active devices with my account, I can't really test the stock e-mail app to confirm if that option is somewhere in the S7 version. Sorry about that :(

Replicant73

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys, is there a way of restricting the resoloution to the camera before you take pics. So basically this would be the default resoloution. I have a team of surveyors who use this device and its a new way of working. The images that are coming through are too large. Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Joe

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Open "Camera" App and select the settings tool (looks like gear)... Once new window opens look at top left and open "settings" again, should open a new window and on second line is "Photo size".. There is smaller resolutions listed, but not sure if the will reduce picture small enough that you desire...

Also there is some other settings you may want to explore, one is "storage device" which allows pictures to be sorted on external storage card where there is more room... (32G card in external card slot - maybe) ...

Another feature you may want to turn on (if not already on) may be "Location"..

Also there are different camera Apps available which may give better control of camera than embedded app that comes with tablet, check GOOGLE Play Store...

Another option I use a lot is to dump pictures into a PC (use USB cord) and use free software like IRFANVIEW to manipulate (crop-resize) pictures where I have bigger screen and more resolutions to work with... I know sort of anti-tablet, but its still tools that gets job done easiest...

If you access tablet storage from PC by USB cable, pictures will be in DCIM folder...

Also tablet has "fair" GPS capabilities (error distance is probably unacceptable) but there are some decent Apps to for GPS logging and such that may be useful...

Dale

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo