any kit kat out there yet?

wolverinex

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Here in the Midwest nothing yet.i figured wifi tablets would be at the top of the list.

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just remember that the list Samsung released, while it included the Note 10.1 2014, it never said it was going to get it right away. They said it was going to be a ROLLOUT that would begin on the day the announced the list and in the UPCOMING MONTHS. Also, note that the list was from Samsung America, so if your device is from another country, you might get it sooner, you might get it later, or if a carrier is involved, you might not even get it at all (although not the case in the WiFi-Only model :p).

Just trying to save you a trip to the hospital with a broken fingertip from the frantic tapping of the "Check for updates" button :p

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Just remember that the list Samsung released, while it included the Note 10.1 2014, it never said it was going to get it right away. They said it was going to be a ROLLOUT that would begin on the day the announced the list and in the UPCOMING MONTHS. Also, note that the list was from Samsung America, so if your device is from another country, you might get it sooner, you might get it later, or if a carrier is involved, you might not even get it at all (although not the case in the WiFi-Only model :p).

Just trying to save you a trip to the hospital with a broken fingertip from the frantic tapping of the "Check for updates" button :p
I have the unlocked LTE version shipped from Hong Kong... not sure how fast that region usually gets updates so it could be a good thing or it could be bad :D
Definitely not holding my breath...

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Even if the update hits, I still wouldn't want to download it right away... Sure, I'm waiting for KitKat, it would be great to have the latest and greatest from Google (and the promise that this is a smaller-footprint system is even better). BUT this is KitKat with a twist, and the things Samsung has baked in and out of it modify things. I'd wait a few days to see what users have to say and what breaks and what works before trying it out, especially in terms of app compatibility.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch