Galaxy Note 10.1: enough negativity, let's share the positives!!

Russell Estridge

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm sad for those who are thinking of buying this tablet or those who just recently have and read all the negative things about this amazing tablet. Let's all share the things you love most about this awesome device.

I for one haven't had nearly as many issues as some have posted on xda or here. I think most are too picky or just don't know how to use it.

I love my tablet because it has one of the best screens available, it's snappy, I haven't experience lag with the right settings. I love the spen features, the size is perfect, the over all build is good to me.

With everything this device has to offer and how customizable it can be and even more so if you root or find the right apps the options are almost endless.

I look forward to reading what you all love most about your experience. Let's let's those on the edge about buying or keeping the Note 10.1 2014 edition know its a great buy worth the money!

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: enough negativity, let's share the positives!!

Another way to look at it is not many people go on to a forum like this and say 'Hey, I have nothing wrong with my device. Just sayin'!' From what I have seen, the device looks like it would do well for many people. I have a Tab 2 7.0, and I like it.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

i'm hoping you are correct that it will be hassle free when i get it. but you did say a couple of thongs that i'd like you to elaborate. you indicated that you didn't have "nearly as many issues," which suggests you had some. what were they? You said you havent experienced lag "with the right settings." what are the settings and how much lag did you have out of the box. Is yours rooted because I have no intention of rooting. As i said in another thread mine is coming this week and all i've read makes suspicious that it will be a problem. I'm hoping otherwise.

I'm sad for those who are thinking of buying this tablet or those who just recently have and read all the negative things about this amazing tablet. Let's all share the things you love most about this awesome device.

I for one haven't had nearly as many issues as some have posted on xda or here. I think most are too picky or just don't know how to use it.

I love my tablet because it has one of the best screens available, it's snappy, I haven't experience lag with the right settings. I love the spen features, the size is perfect, the over all build is good to me.

With everything this device has to offer and how customizable it can be and even more so if you root or find the right apps the options are almost endless.

I look forward to reading what you all love most about your experience. Let's let's those on the edge about buying or keeping the Note 10.1 2014 edition know its a great buy worth the money!

Userp222

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

I jumped into the Samsung experience feet first starting with 10.1 2014 Edition, Note 3 and The Galaxy Gear watch, so obviously I check all three forums daily. Every forum has its complaints and I too get tired of product bashing and remarks about Samsung not updating products right away.

Anyway I love my Note, the screen quality and multi window are superb. I use all 3 products a lot and I do love the battery life I get out of them.

I believe samsung has hit a home run with this year's lineup and it's only going to get better.

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

Well I have had mine since Christmas (2013) and love it, no problems other than the "user" (still learning) and a disappointment in so many apps that will run on cell phones and tablets but do not do anything "really good" to utilize the best of the tablet world.... So my gripe is with LAME APPLICATIONS, supposedly to run on a exceptional tablet, and sorting through all the trash to find the real apps.... So far most phone apps lack depth and polish....

Think GOOGLE PLAY and other APP PROVIDERS (hello Samsung) should put up " tablet only" sections for the express use of tablet owners and app providers.... The tables have grown up, but the apps and apps providers and marketing are sadly lacking ...

Dale

Russell Estridge

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

i'm hoping you are correct that it will be hassle free when i get it. but you did say a couple of thongs that i'd like you to elaborate. you indicated that you didn't have "nearly as many issues," which suggests you had some. what were they? You said you havent experienced lag "with the right settings." what are the settings and how much lag did you have out of the box. Is yours rooted because I have no intention of rooting. As i said in another thread mine is coming this week and all i've read makes suspicious that it will be a problem. I'm hoping otherwise.

Well some of the issues I did have out of box was a little lag that's it. I probably worded it wrong. But some other things like customized keyboard I fixed downloading a different one. Swiftkey. The lag went away once I did the update via kies. So I'm currently having no issues. And by issues others have it I as simple as a Google search away or searching xda and here. Small things. Things that can all be fixed to your needs.

Russell Estridge

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

I may have worded it wrong. As soon as I did the update via kies lag went away all together for me. Yes some apps still have lag but that's the apps issue not the tablet. I also turn settings off I'm not using in the quick settings and it makes it smoother as well. Like GPS, smart stay, reading mode etc... Not that it makes it noticeably slower just helps a little and saves some battery. Some of the other "issues" other people have like not liking the keyboard or TW is solved by downloading what you prefer from the play store.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

I jumped into the Samsung experience feet first starting with 10.1 2014 Edition, Note 3 and The Galaxy Gear watch, so obviously I check all three forums daily. Every forum has its complaints and I too get tired of product bashing and remarks about Samsung not updating products right away.

Anyway I love my Note, the screen quality and multi window are superb. I use all 3 products a lot and I do love the battery life I get out of them.

I believe samsung has hit a home run with this year's lineup and it's only going to get better.

I love my tablet! Have had very few issues with it and nothing that would make me wish I'd gone another route. What I WOULD like to do is BASH Samsung (non) technical support right over their stu**d heads! How's that for positive? ;)

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I really like the S pen. There is an app called Sign my Pad, which allows you to sign and date PDF forms. I use it almost every day for business. I too have a Note 3, as well as the tablet, and I like how my handwritten notes sync with Evernote and can be viewed and updated on either device. SwiftKey is an awesome keyboard app, and makes two thumb typing on this very nice.

Yeah, the screen is awesome. I used an ipad 2 the other day, and man. It was like I was looking through a screen door by comparison

aelaan

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Just bought it and for what it is worth: the research was fun and glad I spent the extra money for a very powerful tablet. My previous one was a refurbished Lenovo. The speed and thin model convinced me. I was going to wait for the TabPro and i didn't and have no regrets.
Al

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I bought the original 10.1 because of the pen. I thought it would be miles better than trying to write on my Nexus 7 with a big chunky stylus and I wasn't wrong. It was fantastic. So much so that I bought the 2014 as soon as it came out here. I thought I loved the original, but the 2014 has the best screen I've ever seen on anything. I have had an issue with it freezing a couple of times, which the original never did, but that hasn't lessened my love. I still use it every day, even though I have now added to my Samsung family with the 12.2, which is even more gorgeous! I have an irrational dislike of anything Apple, and I'm glad that the dislike resulted in me ending up with Samsungs. If I wasn't a complete philistine where phones are concerned - mine doesn't even have a camera - I'd have a Samsung phone too.

Sent with love from one of my Samsungs

tomlh

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have the Note 2014 and I have an Ipad 4. The one I reach for when I want to do something is the Note.
The Ipad is generally smoother with virtually no lag, but I prefer the note experience in spite of the odd glitches sometimes.

Maybe 4.4 will make as smooth as my old 10.1.

grove53

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I got my Note 10.1 2014 the 1st week of January and use it every day. Yes, Monday thru Sunday. I take it to work (I'm an aircraft mechanic) to check email, Facebook, read books and magazines, surf the web, listen to music and watch YouTube and just mess around on (on breaks and lunch breaks). And use it at home on weekends. I've never had one problem. The battery life is great also. Easily a day and more. I love this thing. Expensive? Yes, but, it's the best tablet out there and won't get out-dated for quite awhile. I have the original Galaxy Tab 10.1 and the Note 10.1 2014 is like DSL to high speed wi-fi. Samsung did it right on the Note 10.1 2014 edition.

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I love the s pen capabilities and the gorgeous screen. I adore the scrapbook app. Also, I'm able to grade papers and do research on the device by using the s pen. I like the way the stylus feels in my hand, too. It's easier for me to hold for a long period of time than a thicker, normal pen.

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Multiscreen is probably my #1 favorite feature. Samsung has made these new tablet the closest to computers as we've seen so far in the Android department. My very close #2 favorite thing is having the tablet detect my eyes so the screen won't dim and shut off on me. Of course it's not flawless but it's definately a nice feature to have. Samsung over all is pretty nice, I know not many people like touchwiz but it has a lot of useful features. I have a Moto X for my phone and it's so stupid that a screen lock rotation isn't apart of the actual OS and that I have to download a third-party app in order to have it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Russell Estridge

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Multiscreen is probably my #1 favorite feature. Samsung has made these new tablet the closest to computers as we've seen so far in the Android department. My very close #2 favorite thing is having the tablet detect my eyes so the screen won't dim and shut off on me. Of course it's not flawless but it's definately a nice feature to have. Samsung over all is pretty nice, I know not many people like touchwiz but it has a lot of useful features. I have a Moto X for my phone and it's so stupid that a screen lock rotation isn't apart of the actual OS and that I have to download a third-party app in order to have it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

You know you can jus extend the screen she of time for 30 minutes. Then if there's no activity at all like touching the screen it will shut off. That's what I do so it won't shut off on me then I just lock it or shut my case which shuts off the screen automatically.

Grimgrak

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Make a youtube video showing how you can edit text and video of a pdf and all will be fine. Until then this thing is a turd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non