Folder Synchronization

Francoiso Hfx

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
OK I need some help. I've been trying to figure out how to sync folders with my new note 10.1 2014 with Kit Kat.
The folders I need to sync originates on my corporate project management database which has a standard folder structure that syncs between my laptop and office server. I only need to sync two folders from each project to my tablet. I can work on 10 to 20 projects at a time.
I need to keep a copy of the folders on my device. I do not always have access to wifi so a cloud based system won't do the trick. On my previous note 10.1 I kept all my folders on my SD card, weekly removed the card, stuck it into my laptop and used MS Sync toy (a free Microsoft paired folder sync utility) to synchronize my folders to my laptop.
Now with KK, you can't open files on the SD card, modify and resave them. Some new security BS from Google. So i said OK I'll keep my files on the device and put my music on my SD card.
I tried to use the USB cable to connect my tablet to the laptop but you can't map the tablet internal storage or SD card as a drive on the laptop thus you cannot setup a matched folder pair for synchronization.
I looked at Cheetah sync which syncs via WiFi but for some reason the two way sync does not work with this app. No response from product support.
Next I tried syncing to Dropbox using apps like FolderSync which works between the tablet, Dropbox and my laptop's Dropbox folder, but... as Dropbox is a virtual folder I can't setup a synced folder pair with Synctoy.
Please tell me there is a way to do this...please!