Haven't found a note taking app that can do this yet

dropnbassonu

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I thought using S Note I'd be able to share a note and have the video's I've inserted sync with whoever I send it to. After some experimentation I can't get it to work b/c the file type it sends only works for those who have a Note series device. I can only export or share as an S Note File, Picture, Image, or Text. I'd like to be able to create a folder, then sub folders and use the s pen to write notes and include videos & pictures within the note too. It would also be nice to add collaborators that can view the notes as they're updated in real time. For example, a permanent link to a continuously changing note. I'm an instructor and want to be able to take notes specific to each student and then share that note with them. It would be updated on a weekly basis so if they had a link to access it then it would keep me from having to resend every time there is a change. Sharing the notes must be cross platform (Windows, iOS, etc) too.

Is there any app that allows for this? I've tried OneNote, Keep, Evernote, S Note with no luck. If it's the video aspect that's holding me back, then I can work around it by uploading to Youtube and sharing a link I guess, though it's just extra steps.

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
You could try using the app "papyrus" https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ovation.android.projectpapyrus&token=ffTBi237
The app allows you to write notes and insert images (I am not sure if one can insert videos). The app itself is free, however one must spend a few dollars if one wants to export the note/s to Dropbox or Box which would allow people with access to download the note as a PDF. With the paid feature one can have the app automatically upload the note on a routine basis (once a week, once a day, every six hours, etc). The app supports the spen and allows pressure sensitivity to be toggled on or off(only for the app). I am not affiliated with the app, its developers, and "steadfast innovation" in any way shape or form.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
An app that can include various file types in a single note is using a proprietary format (the beginning of a file can tell the computer what kind of file it is, but when a few different files are included in one file, there has to be some proprietary way of the app that handles that file can tell where the included files begin), so both people have to be using the same app. Even with common formats, like zip files, you can;t open a zip file unless you have something to open it (it's built into Windows, but it didn't used to be).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty