Can it run from mains supply only?

Cajunattack

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
If this is a dumb question excuse my ignorance (I'm not terribly Tech savvy), but can the Note 10.1 2014 run directly from mains supply?

As with many I have a problem with battery drain: followed all tutorials, turned off apps/wi-fi. I used the tablet for digital art so have ArtRage and/or Autodesk Sketchbook running and have to have the screen at very high brightness. In most places where I use the tablet I can plug it into mains supply with an official Samsung charger, but the battery still drains faster than it charges when I'm doing artwork, which is very frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
You should be able to use most any external "battery" source that can supply the proper 5 volts to tablet...Providing auxiliary battery that has standard USB connector and supplies 5 volt out put at "standard" connector...

One in link below may work and is for example only, have seen many type, brands on store displays...

https://www.amazon.com/Duracell-Du7...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5253458

The above product type is probably what you are looking for...

Granted it may or may not put out the 2.2 high amperage voltage the wall (mains) charge does, but even of at the 1 amp rate it will help, it will increase you battery life some ... And you may get red "X" on battery charging indicator but that is ok it means you are charging from a low current ( 1 amp) source instead of high current (2.2 amp) source...

I ever ran my tablet on one of these... with Auto 12 volt to 5 volt USB (2.2 amp) charging adapter... Probably not what you are looking for, but hey if it were a critical time and you need to use table or phone anything that works is ok...

https://www.amazon.com/Jump-N-Carry...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5253458

There is also something like this that has dual purpose... Just a bit of high price though...

Zeta Pocket Battery Jump Starter & USB Charger Kit - EAGZT50400

Dale