Lost S Note?

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
After finishing an S Note I saved it. Then I tapped on it to open it up again and only the first few lines were there. The rest was gone. In fact I had recorded audio with the note as well. But when I go into the notebook and look at the thumbnail I can see that all of the note is there (my attachment.) But when I tap on the thumbnail it opens with only the first line or so and no audio recorded.

Help please!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-09-12-31-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-09-12-31-44.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 30

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just rebooted and it is no longer showing the proper thumbnail preview. It is as if the entire note has been deleted. Is there any other place where these notes are stored as a back up?

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Corruption with this application seems to happen. There are other applications that provide excellent operation with ongoing support.

Sent from my Sprint Note 2 via Tapatalk.

milessthomas

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
If the file still exists in its entirety you may be able to import it again.

Navigate in your file browser to:

'sdcard0' (or whatever your internal storage is named) > 'S Note' > 'yournotenamehere.snb'

If it is still there, make a copy of the SNB file and rename it something else with the '.snb.' extension. Then open SNote and go to the menu, and choose import. Import 'S Note File (.snb.)' and choose your duplicated file.

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I doesn't exist any where on the tablet anymore. I re-wrote the note. But the audio is lost forever. I am concerned now if this will happen again.

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Another update. I tried to write another S-note and record the audio at the same time. When I hit "save" it closed the application and the note was gone. Is this a bug that any one else has noticed? It seems that the audio component deletes the entire note.

Jinlin

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
The update I received this morning fixed this problem!

What did you mean "update"? As in software update or?

I just got mine yesterday. I wrote some notes before bed and when I woke up this morning partial of my notes were gone as well (T__T) But since I didn't write much down I just rewrote the new ones. If it happens again, I will try the suggestion here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webchambers