rooCase for Galaxy Note 10.1 (With Pics)

Nighthawk268

May 1, 2013
Visit site
So after an exhausting search for good case for my new tablet, I finally found one I felt good about. At first I got the Belkin Folio case and was happy with it until I felt that I needed it to be a bit more secure. The belkin just felt kinda flimsy and I wanted a zip around case. I went into Walmart to find a Case Logic zip around case for 10.1 tablets, but was soon disappointed as the feel was weird and the straps that held the tablet in place in where loose and the case had a really tight feel. So I returned it to find this case on amazon.

Amazon.com: rooCASE Executive Portfolio (Black) Leather Case Cover for Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 N8000 N8010 - Support Landscape / Portrait View (NOT Compatible with Galaxy Tab 2 10.1): Computers & Accessories

So after shelling out the $34 bucks for the case, it soon arrived and I was more than excited.. here are a few pics.

100_1784_zps4e6746fe.jpg

First thing you will notice is that the case looks really professional and has an fantastic feel to it. This does not look like a cheap case by any means.

100_1783_zpsa4426f08.jpg

The zip around case is a must and offers good protection. Some complain that the zipper seems tough at first, but I never experienced it. It zips around with ease.

100_1779_zps61068590.jpg

Inside you find the inner case that is supported by Velcro. You can easily remove this inner case for better and easier use of the tablet. Inside you can also store a few papers as well as business cards.

100_1780_zps1f459c87.jpg

The back of the outer case has a fold to support your tablet. It closes and opens with a magnetic force. You can also use this for portrait mode.

100_1778_zpsa6a11833.jpg

The tablet slides in on the bottom of the inner case with velcro straps that hold it in. It has a snug feel to it and does not block the dock or the mic access.

100_1772_zps43a46cc7.jpg

The S Pen is still accessible as well, however it may be difficult for some to remove the pen. I found it a little harder than usual to remove the pen, but at the same time I have small fingers, so it isn't much of an issue for myself.

100_1773_zps03605b9d.jpg

The speakers on both ends still sound great and I have yet to find a issue with any sort of reduction in sound quality coming from the tablet.

100_1775_zps358979b1.jpg

The top of the case finds that most of everything is still easy to access. However, there is a major drawback here as the microSD card slot is blocked. You would have to slide the tablet out to get a hold of it. I guess it depends on how often you use this slot. Overall it may not be an issue for most.

100_1774_zps366a214d.jpg

The back finds that the camera is not blocked.

100_1768_zps8895239d.jpg

Overall I am very happy with this case. It looks and feels great and helps protect your tablet. The only drawbacks are the sdcard slot blocked and having to remove the inner case to use the camera. Another issue you might find that when in the outer case, you can not fold it all the way back. While it may seem bulky to some, I think it adds a real great look and offers some good protection as well.

Also, it does have a weird smell to it when you first use it, but that goes away within a day or two.

milessthomas

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Had this case for 3 months and love it, best case I've ever had. Definitely recommend to others.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

ryansmithwvc

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Nice looking case and thorough review. Still seems to add quite a bit of bulk and may be better for people who don't care as much about mobility though.