How do I get rid of a blank on going task?

A

AC Question

How do I get rid of a blank ongoing task?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, the version before the 2014 one, running Jellybean 4.1.2. Lately I have been noticing an ongoing task in the notification bar but it is completely blank. Obviously it won't swipe away, since it's an ongoing task, but I have no clue what it is for. The only way I have been able to get rid of it is by resetting my device but it just comes back after a period of using it. It may or may not be slowing my device down. I have noticed some lagging but not sure if they are related.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you might have a rouge/misbehaving app running. Have you tried running the tablet in Safe Mode? Safe mode will disable 3rd party apps from running and only allow the apps that came pre-installed on the tablet to run. If the ongoing task doesn't show up in safe mode, then it's probably an app you installed that causing the issue. You'll need to isolate which app it is by uninstalling your apps one by one until the issue disappears in normal mode. Or, you can uninstall all your apps and install them one by one until the problem reappears. Either way, big PITA!

Note: The Safe Mode link is for Verizon, but should work for other carriers. If it doesn't, search Google for your own carrier.