How do I install the wireless driver for my Galaxy Note 10

peskyintx

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Note that started its life as an N-8013. Since this device never got updates, I decided to use Odin to give me the 4.4.2 KitKat update (essentially turning it into an N-8010). Now I don't have wireless internet. I can't turn it on. I've been through the other threads that I can find to see how to troubleshoot. I've started in Safe Mode. I've done a factory reset. I've tried the airplane mode temporarily. I've been at this now for several days...

I've found a wireless download for the Galaxy Note but I have no idea how to install it. Someone mentioned a bootloader but I don't know what that is or how to use it. Any advice on how to get the wireless reinstalled would be greatly appreciated!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Flashing a ROM intended for a different model or variant can lead to various issues like this, so my guess is that it's due to the ROM. I don't think you can fix it by installing drivers -- you probably need to reflash the correct stock ROM for the GT-N8013.

peskyintx

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for your response. I'm not quite ready to give up because I have read that other people have done this. I do have a back up of my original machine and I can always go back. The people who claim that they have fixed their wireless/modem are using terminology and concepts in which I am unfamiliar. I'll keep searching and I'll keep checking!