Does Note 10+ have super fast charging?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes but there no real advantage to the 45 watt over the 25 watt charger as far as total charge time, especially when it's 50 dollars for the 45 watt. The 45 watt charger has better results on the S20 Ultra but it's still not worth buying it for most people.

kma581

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Mine never says super fast charging from the time I bought it. I'm using the charger that came with it. I'm just wondering why mine doesn't.?

kma581

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Then why does the brick say super fast charging and when my wife plugs her s20 plus into my charger her phone says super fast charging. I don't even have a toggle in settings to turn it on like hers does.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
My Note 10 plus 5G Exynos doesn't say Super Fast Charging just Fast Charging, that's with the 45W charger and the cable it came with.
I was under the impression that the fast & super fast was between the 15w and 25w but that *Super* got dropped and that it is just either *Charging* or *Fast Charging*

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
The Note 10+ is pretty quick charging using the supplied charger on fast charge, the P40 Pro I have been using does say Superfast charging but that is charging at 40 Watts from the standard included charger.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Then why does the brick say super fast charging and when my wife plugs her s20 plus into my charger her phone says super fast charging. I don't even have a toggle in settings to turn it on like hers does.
Both bricks say super fast charger and both will display Super fast on the S20 plus but the 45 watt is mostly faster on the front end of the charging cycle compared to the 25 watt charger especially on the S20 Ultra. In reality, Super fast is just a term and it doesn't tell you how fast it's actually charging.

On the Note 10 plus they removed the Super fast toggle during an update without an explanation.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...ast-charging-not-longer-shows-up/td-p/1074993

I have the S20 Ultra and the Note 10 plus. The Note 10 plus does not say Super fast any longer but it used to. Whether or not the 45 watt charger still makes a difference remains to be seen and I would have to time the device from zero twice which I'm not willing to do because it's bad for the battery. The difference from zero to full according to all reviews I've seen lists it maybe at an 8 minute difference. In my opinion the Note 10 plus charges pretty quickly without the 45 watt charger. I only bought it for the S20 Ultra where it has a bigger advantage due battery size and I purchased it with my Samsung credit during pre-order.

Last edited:

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know about the blue and white coloured circles, I do get blue for fast charging from both the Samsung 45W and also an Aukey 27W charger, plugging into a multiplug hub I have I get the white circle.