Pre-ordering with Best Buy

jac12

Aug 22, 2019
Visit site
Just called the store. No extra units. “Might get another shipment later in the day. Should be available on or before the day on your app.”

RIP.

rizzo269

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Phone is awesome so far. My best buy only had enough for preorders and there were 6 people there after I arrived to pick it up. Didn't realize it would be this hot of a device.

rlg2017

May 3, 2017
Visit site
I called our Best Buy. Didn't get an answer. However, one of their people called me on her personal cell phone. She said they are getting hammered because of problems with activation for AT&T and Sprint. I called because I only received confirmation for one of the phones we ordered. She said they are both at the store. She said we can come in and she can give us our phones, but they might not be activated right away. Fun. Stores, manufacturers, and carriers should be able to coordinate the whole process better. It's likely just a bunch of database entries that need to be updated/added.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Stopped by my local best buy and their having trouble with the trade in process!

Oh man. I cant get there until later tonight to pick mine up, so I hope it's not the same at mine. Even if they're having some issues, I hope I can be sorted by the end of the day, so I can set min up tonight!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
With my phone, I got a $150 Samsung promotion. I was in the Samsung chat today - they said those $150 promotions are electronic and would be emailed to me as a coupon code, usually within just a couple of days. Even though the promo update says " 6 to 8 weeks", this is just a coupon code and won't take that long.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Picking it up now. Just finishing up. Swag anyone?

cae2b2bb6a07222368367dd86fcd99f3.jpg

naburges

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Store pickup assistant has been on hold for over an hour now for their internal customer service line. My phone is in the box at her register but can't be released to me until they get it figured out. I appreciate her trying and her hands are tied. I can cancel and do an instore purchase but will lose the samsung credit as well as some value on my trade in.

So in this mess, who screwed up? Samsung, Best Buy, or the carrier (ATT in this case)? I just want someone at whom to be mad ;). It shouldn't be this hard and I've already taken over an hour off work to stand here and wait.

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
At BB waiting to pick up my preordered AT&T Note 10+ now, had received that issue message but wasn't trying to stay on the phone for 4+ hours so just came in, the issue is still there and the rep is on the phone playing the waiting game to resolve it, did get a nice Galaxy Note 10+ Tshirt for swag and a free accessory for the inconvenience. will see how long this takes.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
At BB waiting to pick up my preordered AT&T Note 10+ now, had received that issue message but wasn't trying to stay on the phone for 4+ hours so just came in, the issue is still there and the rep is on the phone playing the waiting game to resolve it, did get a nice Galaxy Note 10+ Tshirt for swag and a free accessory for the inconvenience. will see how long this takes.
I'd love a t shirt or something like that. i elected Best Buy to ship to me though - maybe that's why i didn't get the fun stuff lol.

naburges

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
The rep told me that their internal communication on the error said that someone would call the customer (me) and let me know that there was an issue and that things will be delayed 3 to 5 days. I know this is a really stupid first world problem, but it does hack me off a good bit that I've wasted most of my morning with this and no one can fix it.

Again, who can I gripe out at this point? Who's to blame?

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
What's the point of preordering a phone if I can't pick it up until a week after the release date? Called my BB and she put me on hold for a bit to try to work it out, but my order says pick up on the 30th and there's apparently no way around it.

It's dumb to gripe about stuff like "not having an amazing $1000+ phone the second it gets released," but I'm going to gripe about it any way.

naburges

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Ok, I left. The CSR says she will continue to work on it over the next few days. This is a joke, and I won't get any compensation for the waste of my time. Never going through BB for a preorder again.