UK Pre Orders

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi Kath,

Good to see you in the annual thread.

I didn't receive ANY confirmation email at all. A little worrying after spending £1099. .

Phoned samsung yesterday and they confirmed the order. They then emailed me my order number which I can now log in and see the order.

I have ordered the Spigen clear case with kickstand. Have it ( along with about 8 other ones) for my 9 and it's great.

Couple of the unboxing videos show a pre fitted screen protector.
Hi All, it's that time once again :) I've ordered the 10+ in the aura glow. I still love my note 9 and didn't really NEED the upgrade but just love a new phone, so I could so I did! Bit disappointed about no incentives but used to that now in the UK, we are definitely the poor relations over here. The buds would have been a good gift but already got bose bluetooth and some cheapies so hopefully wont miss the Jack too much.
Like you also looking out for good case deals.
Order shown as placed on website but no confirmation email, you guys the same?

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. Will be my first single sim in many years.
It will come, but presume the tech is not there yet to handle simultaneous 5g signals.

Will change my habits a bit, especially when traveling. ( usually pick a 3 payg sim up for going to the states to give better coverage.)
I didn't realise the 10+ 5G version isn't dual sim. Tempted to downgrade to the 10+ 4G.
Chance

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm interested in the Note 10 5G however I'm a little unsure as the small print on the Samsung UK buying page says it's device locked to participating networks?

However Samsung UK Twitter says it'll accept any networks sim card if bought from them ?

So the next question is will a 5G sim card from o2 work in it and use 5G when o2 push out 5G eventually or is it locked to Vodafone and EE for example as only they use 5G right now.

Also the 5G model is a single sim and Sd card affair and I like to use two network sim cards.

So as you can see I'm a little undecided right now.

I buy my phones from the Samsung Experience Store in the UK.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I asked support and was told the 5g was unlocked.

( the S10 5G has a click button to choose EE or Voda when ordering, the N10+5G didn't.)

I will be using O2 also. My work EE and Voda sims won't be going in this phone.

I also will need to change habits going to single sim for the first time in years. I guess the tech is not there yet for simultaneous 5g.

That said, can't wait for it to arrive.
I'm interested in the Note 10 5G however I'm a little unsure as the small print on the Samsung UK buying page says it's device locked to participating networks?

However Samsung UK Twitter says it'll accept any networks sim card if bought from them ?

So the next question is will a 5G sim card from o2 work in it and use 5G when o2 push out 5G eventually or is it locked to Vodafone and EE for example as only they use 5G right now.

Also the 5G model is a single sim and Sd card affair and I like to use two network sim cards.

So as you can see I'm a little undecided right now.

I buy my phones from the Samsung Experience Store in the UK.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I asked support and was told the 5g was unlocked.

( the S10 5G has a click button to choose EE or Voda when ordering, the N10+5G didn't.)

I will be using O2 also. My work EE and Voda sims won't be going in this phone.

I also will need to change habits going to single sim for the first time in years. I guess the tech is not there yet for simultaneous 5g.

That said, can't wait for it to arrive.

My Note 9 is the first Duos Hybrid version I've owned and it's been useful when I've moved into an area where o2's signal and data speeds have been lacking.

I might just have to carry round another phone or the sim card along with a sim ejection tool !

I agree with your reasoning over 5G and its limitations on the phone with switching from one networks 5G to another.

I just hope the device locked part in the small print doesn't mean that it's 5G is locked to certain networks and won't work on others at a later date !!!

I need this to be future proofed so it works on o2 5G when o2 push it out.

I don't personally pre order as I tend to wait a shirt time until the first batch of phones have been despatched and the early adopters (like you) and YouTube Tech reviewers have reported back on it.

That and I've managed to play around with the working retail demo model in the Samsung Experience Store.

I then buy from the Experience Store.

Happy days.

Edit. The Samsung UK selling page small.print has now been amended by Samsung to remove the "device locked" part of the terms if purchase.

There must have been enough people challenging this !

Now says " 5G model only. 5G functionality requires compatible network connection."

Last edited:

barryl85

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
My Samsung UK preorder has moved from Order placed to Preparing Dispatch !!! I'd imagine it will still be coming on the 23rd but i'm even more hyped seeing that progress on the order :D

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
mine (Ireland) is still showing *payment accepted* and *processing in progress* I'd say that Wednesday next week is earliest delivery

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm still umm'ing and arr'ing...

Just bought a Note 9 2 months ago and it's a great phone; just not sure I can justify the cost of the 10+ and whether I'll really get the use out of the 'upgrade'...

Watch this space :confused:

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm still umm'ing and arr'ing...

Just bought a Note 9 2 months ago and it's a great phone; just not sure I can justify the cost of the 10+ and whether I'll really get the use out of the 'upgrade'...

Watch this space :confused:

I bought my Note 9 on launch date.

How I see it is if one has the disposable income or able to upgrade then lifes too short not to do what you want within reason. ;)

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I bought my Note 9 on launch date.

How I see it is if one has the disposable income or able to upgrade then lifes too short not to do what you want within reason. ;)

This^^

I use the upgrade program, so when it's time to upgrade I get the option of either keeping the Note or upgrading to the next. I must say I have been close to keeping my phone a few times up until the unpacked event. Seeing all the rumours and specs coming out of the woodwork it's interesting to see the official spec then deciding.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I never did receive an email confirming my order at all.

I did get one direct from the CS guy confirming all was OK and it had my order number etc on it after I spoke to them on the phone. ( waited on the phone whilst it came through)

Little strange to order a £1k item and not get any auto confirmation though.
Mine says the same but still not had confirmation email from samsung that they promised me on Sunday morning! I'm hoping everything going ahead even though that not yet received:-\

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
On my initial order when I ordered the 5g Note 10 I didn't receive an email but after I cancelled and reordered the 4g model I received a confirmation email with order number.

Kath1404

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I never did receive an email confirming my order at all.

I did get one direct from the CS guy confirming all was OK and it had my order number etc on it after I spoke to them on the phone. ( waited on the phone whilst it came through)

Little strange to order a £1k item and not get any auto confirmation though.

Yep, seem to remember same last year too. I will contact again soon though. #dogwithabone that's me :)

Kath1404

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
On my initial order when I ordered the 5g Note 10 I didn't receive an email but after I cancelled and reordered the 4g model I received a confirmation email with order number.

all seems a bit hit and miss on the email front, they don't seem very consistent. I'm sure they will all land on the 23rd though which is what matters! Just realised I'm out that day so have had to bring in a sitter to collect from delivery man:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87