Note 10 has aluminum and not stainless steel frame

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
How are you going to use the Apple Card if you switch to the Note ? Man, you're in Apple Jail now! Lol
First I always have multiple lines/multiple phones. And second apple card is not the only credit card I'm having. I have always used iPhones and Android phones along side. So no I'm not tied to any phone, even if I have to use apple card when I'm carrying my android phone I can use it on my apple watch without the iPhone in my pocket which I always wear. Or I can just use the physical apple card without the iPhone or Apple watch. Either way it doesn't lock me to iPhone only

Last edited:

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Ah no. Nothing to do with some people switching away. Nice FUD attempt!

I’m not doing an F.U.D. It’s probably true (I doubt Apple will ever say what their strategies are) and if so it’s a smart decision. Apple iPhones aren’t selling well and now account for less than 50% of Apple’s revenue...to make up for their losing ground in the mobile business Apple has put a lot more effort into services, like Apple TV, Arcade and now the Apple Card. That way they make more revenue and dissuade existing users from switching.

Since Samsung and even Huawei have seen sales increase (compared to last year), Apple has released several services recently to try to keep existing users and diversify its sources of revenue to increase profitability and resistance. It’s a smart move, given that they have to wait until September for the iPhone to provide a very large source of revenue again and maybe even reclaim some market share.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
But don't you need the phone to use the actual physical card ? I swear I was reading an article by NYT or CNBC one of them where the journalist said you need the phone to use the card. I could be wrong. If you don't need the phone and can still use the card then thats cool. But what about bill payment? Don't you need the phone to make the payments as they don't allow payments via the web?
Lol on the clueless new articles. First of all Apple card is just like any other credit card. You can use it via apple pay on iPhone/apple watch just like any other credit card and also use it without the phone/watch by using the physical apple card just like other cards. When using the physical apple card you don't need to have your iPhone or apple watch with you.

Having the iPhone is good to manage the card, view the transactions, better rewards using apple pay and bunch of other things. It doesn't make sense to have the apple card if you don't have an iPhone or plan to keep an iPhone with you. But it's not like you can't use apple card without iPhone or you are tied to iPhone forever if you have the apple card

Last edited:

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Apple is spamming iPhone/Apple exclusive features like TV, Arcadde, and Apple Card in a desperate bid to retain users and prevent them from switching to Android.
I won't call it spamming, but yeah they want to make sure their per user revenue is higher by having all these additional services tied to the iPhone given that hardware sales have plateaued. They have to do what's good for the company revenue and growth just like every other company in the world.

Xxtoxicskittlexx

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
But it's not like you can't use apple card without iPhone or you are tied to iPhone forever if you have the apple card

Yes, sure you can use it but you can ONLY make payments on that credit card via an Apple Product only. So, yes, its a way for people to get locked into the Apple ecosystem. LOL

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes, sure you can use it but you can ONLY make payments on that credit card via an Apple Product only. So, yes, its a way for people to get locked into the Apple ecosystem. LOL
Once you set automatic payment you are done or you probably can call in and pay. Also if someone isn't paying your statement balance in full then new credit card might not be the best idea .

And yes the entire goal of the apple card is the nice integration with apple products. If someone is applying for apple card to use without Apple products then I'm not sure what that person is doing. Even though you can use the apple card without an iPhone that's not what Apple wants obviously and they want you tied to Apple ecosystem. Any company with 2 cents of common sense will do the same. If the hardware sales get to a point where they have to expand it to android, they will do eventually. But that's not going to happen soon since iPhones still are in majority of pockets. That's one reason why they want to expand into services and establish that business as the hardware business flattens.

My point is I'm not tied to it since it's not my main credit card nor I just have only iPhone or android phone. I'm flexible and use both platforms all the time without any fanboy craziness usual people get into