Should we use mirco SD cards on note 10+ or not?

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I am using my SD card. I have so many photos that I've kept from previous phones that it would take forever to transfer them between devices. Just moving the SD card from one device to the other is so much easier.
Do you have the photos backed up somewhere? If not, you're going to lose them when the card fails or when your phone gets lost or stolen.

And to be more precise about "forever": if you have 200 GB of media, then at 10 MB/s it'd take less than 6 hours to transfer, so you could do it overnight.

Last edited:

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I use Google photos for my pics works great and it's unlimited and free , saves your pics in full hd

This is not entirely accurate. If you choose the free unlimited option it will save them at "High Quality" and not "Original Quality".

High quality:

Unlimited free storage
Photos are compressed to save space. If a photo is larger than 16 MP, it will be resized to 16 MP.
Videos higher than 1080p will be resized to high-definition 1080p. A video with 1080p or less will look close to the original.

Original quality:

Limited free storage (15GB)
All photos and videos are stored in the same resolution that you took them.
Recommended for photos that have more than 16MP and videos with more than 1080p.

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Do you have the photos backed up somewhere? If not, you're going to lose them when the card fails or when your phone gets lost or stolen.

And to be more precise about "forever": if you have 200 GB of media, then at 10 MB/s it'd take less than 6 hours to transfer, so you could do it overnight.
I have a 512GB card. Came from a 400Gb and 256GB. I try to keep them changed out every yr or so. I have them backed up but I have so many photos it would be hard to know which ones I had.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Would be interesting to know if the card reader is improved at all vs older models.

There are faster SD cards out there that most phones cannot take advantage of.

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Would be interesting to know if the card reader is improved at all vs older models.

There are faster SD cards out there that most phones cannot take advantage of.

This is what I have on my S10+
Wich I'm thinking to transfer to note 10+ (maybe)
Are there faster than this out there ? And how expensive are they? Lol

Attachments

• 22963.jpg
    22963.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 28

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
i haven't used a micro sd card in years. i prefer the cloud storage for a lot of stuff.

This ^

For me personally the inbuilt storage is more than enough.

I bought the 512Gb option on my Note 9 and I haven't used anywhere near that. I also got that model for the more Ram option but as now both Note 10+ models have the same Ram that's makes my choice much easier.

I've had good quality Sd Cards fail before which is a headache so no more Sd cards for me. :)

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
This is what I have on my S10+
Wich I'm thinking to transfer to note 10+ (maybe)
Are there faster than this out there ? And how expensive are they? Lol

That is a good as any current phone can use I think. There are A2 cards out there but unless things have changed the readers in all phones that I know of cannot use the extra speed so totally pointless.

nycundrgrnd

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
There are certainly ppl that fall into both use/need and never used/no idea. Personally, storage expansion is critical to me. Just as ppl have said on board memory is all they need, but if that device is broken your pix, downloads, etc are all lost. Some will go for cloud upload of pix which is good, but you have to pay for that in MOST cases. I also store music on my phone. 20-30GB of it. The whole purpose of having local music is to avoid excessive data usage, or when data isn't even available. The lack of microSD card combined with the gross look and boring/no features have stopped and will continue to stop me from even considering a Pixel. Especially at flagship prices. As for using on the Note, clearly I would.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Between them you should have enough space.

Add that to the unlimited storage Google gives you when uploading photos with the Photos app.

As for me, I don't think I will ever use an SD card in a phone ever again. I've been burned a few times to get me to not use them anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty