Love This Device/Coolest Thing Yet!

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Also, if you back your photos up to Google Photos, it also backs up the motion part of the photo as well. They added this feature earlier this year after having supported iPhone live photos for a long time.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Also, if you back your photos up to Google Photos, it also backs up the motion part of the photo as well. They added this feature earlier this year after having supported iPhone live photos for a long time.

it also, apparently from what I've read up on, reduces quality and file size. no thank you.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
it also, apparently from what I've read up on, reduces quality and file size. no thank you.
Only if you leave it on "high quality" setting. I set it to "original quality" and it doesn't reduce anything but it does use your Google Photos space as opposed to being unlimited space. Kinda amazed a lot of folks dont realize that. Just go into the Google Photos setting to change it.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Only if you leave it on "high quality" setting. I set it to "original quality" and it doesn't reduce anything but it does use your Google Photos space as opposed to being unlimited space. Kinda amazed a lot of folks dont realize that. Just go into the Google Photos setting to change it.
It's free backup. And the high quality unlimited backup is more than enough for 90% of people. Again, let's not forget, it's FREE. you want original size backup, you can subscribe to Google cloud and pay for that.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

thanks. but like Samsung, I don't trust Google at all. don't want them handling my pics or my docs

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
thanks. I need the keys just a hair wider. is there any way to do that? also, I never found the setting in gboard to do what the Samsung keyboard does.
Yes, you can resize the floating Gboard until your heart is content by dragging the corners.

Tap the G logo on the left, then the three dots menu on the right, bottom right option will be floating. There's a tab at the bottom of the floating Gboard you can hold to move it around and if you drag it to the bottom of the screen it will dock there, regular style

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you can resize the floating Gboard until your heart is content by dragging the corners.

Tap the G logo on the left, then the three dots menu on the right, bottom right option will be floating. There's a tab at the bottom of the floating Gboard you can hold to move it around and if you drag it to the bottom of the screen it will dock there, regular style

thanks, but that didn't help key width. when I first installed gboard on Note 10 it was white and the keys were wider. I chose a theme and got narrower keys. need to find that first keyboard and theme it if possible. thoughts?

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
thanks, but that didn't help key width. when I first installed gboard on Note 10 it was white and the keys were wider. I chose a theme and got narrower keys. need to find that first keyboard and theme it if possible. thoughts?
Hhmmm.... If you choose the theme and turn in the border slider does that help?Screenshot_20190912-141147_Gboard.jpeg

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
So you run the phone without a Samsung or Google account? You don't use any of the Find My Phone tracking that Samsung and Google provide?

I have accounts because they're necessary, so I sign in. I don't use either browser, neither voice assistant. I use Galaxy Themes, Galaxy Store, and Google Play, Maps because it's usually the best, but it has issues so I also use another well know app at times. I turn off everything I can and keep privacy settings as tight as possible including, but not limited to, not letting any of the apps phone home data regarding usage, no matter how private they say it is.

I regularly go thru and disable various "required" permissions in the apps and make the app request it from me again if it is really required. so many things requested in permissions are not really necessary and they never ask again.

I do use find my phone from both, but almost never have my location on so the point is moot. I don't share more of my data than absolutely necessary.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Just tried live messaging on a video.To illustrate moving equipment between two places in a room, I recorded a video with live messages highlighting locations and sent it. It's just seamless. My colleagues are blown away by seeing the functionality. Great phone.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
On the camera you can hold shutter button and move it to any place on view finder. It creates duplicate shutter button to take photos. Useful if one of your hands is full. You can delete it once you move it back to original shutter button. This is pretty clever.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty