Microsoft store selling unlocked Note 10/10+ phones

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm not affiliated with Microsoft in any way, but just want to give a shout-out that local Microsoft stores are selling unlocked Note 10 and 10+ phones. Plus they are accepting direct trade-ins of your eligible phones, no need to send in your old phone by mail and hoping for the best. Even better, they offer 12 to 24 months of no interest financing through Dell Financing.

I got my new unlocked Note 10+ phone (black version/256GB) directly from a local Microsoft store nearby. They gave me $450 direct and immediate trade-in value for my Samsung S9 phone (whereas Samsung website only shows $300 value for the same phone). I even qualified and received 24 months no interest financing which only took 10 minutes for approval. My total cost after tax and immediate $450 trade in value comes out to $743.49 (net grand total cost).

The sales rep helped me to swap out my Verizon SIM card and micro-SD card out of my old Samsung S9 phone into my new Note 10+ and it worked perfectly on the first try. Upon successful account transfer from my old phone to the new one, I then did a full factory restore erasure of my S9 phone. Actually, this was the only small glitch because I could not remember my fricken Samsung account password which was required to do a factory restore. So I ended up having to do a password reset of my Samsung account which worked, then my old S9 phone successfully performed a factory restore.

The Microsoft store doesn't carry accessories such as phone cases, so I walked across the street to a local Verizon store and picked up a "tech21" silicon case for my new Note 10+. I told the Verizon reps I bought my new unlocked Note 10+ from a Microsoft store next door, and they were surprised by the news and were unaware that Microsoft store carries and sells unlocked Note 10 phones. I was amused by that.

Also, the Microsoft store rep said that because I bought a new Note 10 phone, I qualify for half off discount for M.S. Office 365 suite. But I'm not interested in that because I already recently purchased M.S. Office 2019 Home & Business version for my Windows laptop (I hate the thought of paying yearly subscription fees for Office 365 usage).

Attached is a picture of their Note 10 offerings and pricing from their store.

Attachments

• Microsoft Store selling Note 10 phones.jpg
    Microsoft Store selling Note 10 phones.jpg
    451.2 KB · Views: 20

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately the Microsoft store I visited only carried the black 256GB model, not the others. Maybe the other offerings for blue and white are special order?
I dropped by during launch week in the Microsoft store, they carry black, white and aura glow but they pretty much ran out of stock of everything other than black for the 10+. They had colors for the smaller 10 still. I just dropped by to check out the validity of the $650 trade in they were offering.
Blue is exclusive to best buy and Samsung.com

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I dropped by during launch week in the Microsoft store, they carry black, white and aura glow but they pretty much ran out of stock of everything other than black for the 10+. They had colors for the smaller 10 still. I just dropped by to check out the validity of the $650 trade in they were offering.
Blue is exclusive to best buy and Samsung.com

Personally I would not want that wild reflective aura backing. You will get sun or reflection glare hitting the person's face that you're trying to take a picture of. Plus a carry case other than clear will hide whatever color the back is.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Personally I would not want that wild reflective aura backing. You will get sun or reflection glare hitting the person's face that you're trying to take a picture of. Plus a carry case other than clear will hide whatever color the back is.
Yes, because once you put on a case, it cannot be removed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez