P Icon Notification on Restart

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
This is the solution I saw -

"Go into Settings - Hit the magnifying glass to search- search: system ui - hit the one with the P symbol- Notifications- go down to fbe_channel_name - put it to silent and minimized. Problem solved.. No more P symbol and no more tones going off."

That is off by default. At least has been on the N9 and N10

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Pull down the notification shade and try swiping right on the notification next time it shows up. That takes you to notification settings for that Google notification. Toggle off.

thank you, but it doesn't come up in the notification shade and this has already been resolved by another kind poster, @jhimmel

This is the solution I saw -

"Go into Settings - Hit the magnifying glass to search- search: system ui - hit the one with the P symbol- Notifications- go down to fbe_channel_name - put it to silent and minimized. Problem solved.. No more P symbol and no more tones going off."

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Pull down the notification shade and try swiping right on the notification next time it shows up. That takes you to notification settings for that Google notification. Toggle off.

This is not possible with a restart. The only time the "P" shows up is when you restart the phone. You cannot access the notification shade until you unlock the phone. This notion that the "P" notification is useless is silly. Once the phone restarts, the "P" is never seen again, until it restarts.

Marcus Hybrid

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
You know what guys, I totally understand and know what you guys are mentioning about and where you are coming from. The complete solution is very easy and here you go! I hope this helps everyone and hopefully, this is what you guys are mentioning about, it's about completely skipping the phone manual starting up after each restart of your android latest os phone especially after Pie.

Go to:
1) Phone Settings
2) Biometrics and Security
3) Other security settings
4) Turn off Strong protection
5) Done and now try restarting your phone

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
You know what guys, I totally understand and know what you guys are mentioning about and where you are coming from. The complete solution is very easy and here you go! I hope this helps everyone and hopefully, this is what you guys are mentioning about, it's about completely skipping the phone manual starting up after each restart of your android latest os phone especially after Pie.

Go to:
1) Phone Settings
2) Biometrics and Security
3) Other security settings
4) Turn off Strong protection
5) Done and now try restarting your phone

thank you for taking the time to post. unfortunately, this is an old thread and the issue was already resolved. many thanks!