Set-Up issues . . . Help!!

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I just got my Note 10 tonight and I'm having several issues that I hope someone can help me with.

First–how can I turn off the feature that allows the phone to charge another device? –I'm trying to transfer my data via USB-C and the Note 10's battery keeps draining as it's charging the other device, so I'm having to do this a few GBs at a time. How can I turn this off so that the USB-C port is just transferring data??

Second–Issues with Google Log-In
I changed my Google password yesterday and when I entered the new password it wasn't recognized. Then I created another new password and . . . It's not recognized.

When I re-did it, I chose the option to stay logged in on the phone, but it stays logged in on all devices so I can't figure out if it's working elsewhere. I feel like I'm running in circles now. I don't know why this isn't working or what to do to fix it.

Third–Phone number
When I pull up the "About Phone" setting, it shows a phone number that is not mine. –I'm using the same SIM card that was in my Pixel 2. Somewhere, in another setting that I can no longer find, there was a place for phone number at the top of the screen––and it was completely blank!

Fourth–Where do I find the setting that allows me to always show the battery percentage. By default, I can only see it when I pull down to access settings. Since I'm having to recharge in order to finish the data transfer, I'd like to be able to see the battery percentage and, in general, I like to always see this.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Powershare was off by default on mine. You can toggle it from the pull down shade.

Google login, do you have an old phone or PC to to the forgot password?

I have nothing for your third issue.

You can use good lock from the galaxy app store to show the battery notification.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! I couldn't remember what it was called. When I select PowerShare, it shows me to put the center of the phone back to back with another device. I don't think this is my issue. When I connect the N10 to the P2, the Note charges the P2 and drains it's battery to do so. How do I turn off the ability to charge another device via the USB-C cable?

RE: the password . . . I changed it from my computer both times. A few minutes ago I clicked on the notification on the computer to enter the password, but it just links to the P2 and sends it a notification prompting me to enter the 2-digit code that I see on the computer. There's no way to actually type a password. I'm afraid if I try resetting it again, I'll just keep falling deeper into the weird rabbit hole that I've somehow dug for myself.

Thanks!

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
For the battery percentage go to Settings>Notifications>Status Bar

Thanks!

Even though I have a Galaxy Tab S4, I'm getting confused re: all the additional Samsung settings on the phone, compared to the pure Android Pixel experience. I'm sort of panicking so I'm confusing myself . . .

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks!

Even though I have a Galaxy Tab S4, I'm getting confused re: all the additional Samsung settings on the phone, compared to the pure Android Pixel experience. I'm sort of panicking so I'm confusing myself . . .

LOL Every time I go back to Samsung after having other phones I have to hunt around to remember the Samsung way.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
LOL Every time I go back to Samsung after having other phones I have to hunt around to remember the Samsung way.

Oh that makes me feel much better!! I mainly use my Tab S4 to browse the web, do email, post to Twitter, etc., so I haven't really had to immerse myself on the Samsung UI–and I think it's an older version than on the Note??

I think I need to find a "Interactive tour of the Samsung UI for Dummies" . . .

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Oh that makes me feel much better!! I mainly use my Tab S4 to browse the web, do email, post to Twitter, etc., so I haven't really had to immerse myself on the Samsung UI–and I think it's an older version than on the Note??

For better or worse Samsung changes things more than most Android OEMs. I personally like the Samsung way once I get things set up, but their settings can be a little confusing and overwhelming.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
For better or worse Samsung changes things more than most Android OEMs. I personally like the Samsung way once I get things set up, but their settings can be a little confusing and overwhelming.

Agreed. But you're using Nova launcher aren't you?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

All Android phones have search functionality in the settings. Anything you can't find just search in the settings

For example just typing battery brings up where to set battery percentage etc. Will help in future if you want to look for a particular setting

aad7d5d820e05608e676dd3ee0339887.jpg

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks bhatech!

I got that set, thanks to msm0511. I'm actually very technically savvy, but I've been fighting with this for several hours, and I've started to panic as my clients can't reach me. –I'm an independent massage therapist and I have clients tomorrow, three of which are brand new. If anybody is running late, gets lost, etc., they can't reach me and they don't know that I can't reach them. I need to take a deep breath and relax but I can't seem to do that.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
T. How do I turn off the ability to charge another device via the USB-C cable?
Thanks!

in developer options there is a default USB configuration option you can change, maybe that will work.
to enable developer options go to settings - about the phone - software information - here you keep tapping build number repeatedly 7-8 times and it will tell you that developer mode is now enabled, just be care what you touch in there

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your help. I accidentally created this thread twice but only one showed up on my computer for some reason. --I got email notifications of your replies but when I clicked on the links, it didn't redirect to this thread.

Tonight I finally logged into the app on my phone and, voila, both of them show up here.

Thanks again!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000