Thumbs up/down, Heart etc a text message on Android??

seanmwaple

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
In iMessage you can long press and you can thumbs up/down, heart, etc a text message. Are there any apps on Android devices that allow you to do this same feature? Is this possible to do with Verizon Messages or any other Texting App?

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
In iMessage you can long press and you can thumbs up/down, heart, etc a text message. Are there any apps on Android devices that allow you to do this same feature? Is this possible to do with Verizon Messages or any other Texting App?
Nope. Not that I've found.

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
No that is not supported in standard SMS/MMS standard. When an iPhone user does that to a post by a non-iPhone user, the non-iPhone sees a text like "hearted it" or "thumb up". No icon, no fancy little indicator on the message.

Gazkul

Jun 11, 2022
Visit site
This is no longer true. My pixel xl 3 recently got a small thumbs up emoji on my message from the person I was texting. Please tell me when Android users gain an app to do this sad well. I always heart my girlfriends messages on fb messenger but I can't do that with SMS and I refuse to go apple over Android!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220611-002638.jpg
    Screenshot_20220611-002638.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 7

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
This is no longer true. My pixel xl 3 recently got a small thumbs up emoji on my message from the person I was texting. Please tell me when Android users gain an app to do this sad well. I always heart my girlfriends messages on fb messenger but I can't do that with SMS and I refuse to go apple over Android!

I get that as well on my pixel 3XL from iPhone users.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! See this: https://techcrunch.com/2022/03/10/g...reactions-challenges-apple-with-new-features/

The Google Messages app can figure out when an iPhone user is reacting to an SMS message and display it appropriately, but you won't be able to react to the SMS message from an iPhone user. You can only do that with someone else who's using RCS chat on their Android phone (because Apple isn't bothering to help make RCS a standard): https://www.androidpolice.com/how-to-rcs-chat-in-google-messages/