Question using full screen settings

tonydroid99

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
Is there a way to make watch all videos and view pictures in full screen ?

I mean using the entirety of the screen no borders on top or bottom. I seen the full screen option in settings, all the apps I set it to full screen I still get borders on the top and bottom. I was hoping the setting would actually display video and pictures using the whole screen no borders.

When using the gallery app it lets me stretch the picture to fill the whole screen. For video using Comcast streaming app I couldn't get it to show video using the whole screen with no borders. Nor could I get the browser to display web pages full screen no top/bottom border.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the video isn't 19:9, it either has to get distorted to be 19:9 (which you don't want) or you're going to get black bars on the top/bottom or the sides, depending on the aspect ratio of the original video.

tonydroid99

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
I guess ultimately I'm looking to get the most out of the 10+ screen since it has almost no bezel. Curious what things to try or dabble in that makes use of the full screen. As a wallpaper collector I love how they look full screen, but I'm looking for other things to try as well. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:

pkadare

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
If the video isn't 19:9, it either has to get distorted to be 19:9 (which you don't want) or you're going to get black bars on the top/bottom or the sides, depending on the aspect ratio of the original video.

As Rukbat said this all comes down to aspect ratio. If the aspect ratio of the video you're watching, one of 2 things will happen if you force it to fit the whole screen; the video will be distorted, the video will fill the whole screen with no distortion but it will be cropped. You can try various video players to see if you can find one that will do what you want but I doubt you'll be happy with the result.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to make watch all videos and view pictures in full screen ?

I mean using the entirety of the screen no borders on top or bottom. I seen the full screen option in settings, all the apps I set it to full screen I still get borders on the top and bottom. I was hoping the setting would actually display video and pictures using the whole screen no borders.

When using the gallery app it lets me stretch the picture to fill the whole screen. For video using Comcast streaming app I couldn't get it to show video using the whole screen with no borders. Nor could I get the browser to display web pages full screen no top/bottom border.

Did you try double tapping in the Comcast app along with pinching out? The old way of doing fit to screen was a double tap, but most apps have switched to a pinch out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38