RCS after all from Google effective immediately

Tigrisan

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I managed to turn it on this morning. Unfortunately for me, Thing 1 and Thing 2 use iPhones as do their husbands, (blasphemy, I know! ;) ) and hub's phone is company owned and they don't let him do anything with it. All in due time according to them, which pretty much means never. So while it's enabled on my phone, I may never get to use it :/ Well, the wifi texting will get used but none of the other features.

AbAll87

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
it doesn't matter if Google is pushing it... it says my carrier does not currently support this feature. I'm on T-Mobile

neopolotin75

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
If you cant get it to work that video works and it will eventually be transitioned over per google. My issue is that just installing it worked for a few and then it turned off.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Mine is working without beta, too, in an unlocked Exynos version, in Brazil.

It seems RCS just became available for all.

lazagna

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I have enabled it but everyone I know in Canada uses samsung, so it won't work between Samsung Text messages and Google Messages.... argh!

James B4

Nov 15, 2019
Visit site
Anyone got this working consistently in Att? It doesnt matter if it's the beta or official it works for a few then disables. I'm assuming its Att mucking it up.

I have the beta hack enabled on my LG with att. It works with verizons message+ and one other person who has a samsung note. Wish it worked with apple poducts tho. Bunch of snobs over there.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
it doesn't matter if Google is pushing it... it says my carrier does not currently support this feature. I'm on T-Mobile
That's just it. If you use Android Messages, T-mobile is essentially out of the loop. Google is essentially bypassing the carriers and using its own RCS infrastructure.

The Devil Saint

Nov 15, 2019
Visit site
I've had RCS enabled and working since I got my Pixel 3 last year in December. As a Canadian, it has been my experience that as a country we are the testing bed for new technologies before it's employed across the states.

However, I can only recall about 5 people in the last year that I've texted with, that had RCS enabled. It's slow to adopt. Being very late to the chat game, with all the other communication apps like Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Telegram, etc already seizing the majority shares of the messaging market, it's gonna take a while to get everyone on board - if it ever gets there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo