Could Samsung have gotten the foldable screen so good that a Note is possible or will it be a 6.4 inch screen on the outside for pen use and the 8 inch inside screen not pen friendly.
    What is your thoughts/imagination when it comes to a Note Fold/Fold 2 device?
    https://www-slashgear-com.cdn.amppro...ne-31608199%2F
    02-03-2020 04:26 AM
    Could Samsung have gotten the foldable screen so good that a Note is possible or will it be a 6.4 inch screen on the outside for pen use and the 8 inch inside screen not pen friendly.
    What is your thoughts/imagination when it comes to a Note Fold/Fold 2 device?
    https://www-slashgear-com.cdn.amppro...ne-31608199%2F
    If Samsung gets the folding screen working good I see it taking the note's place. The note will be renamed to the S series. It will be the one with the S pen. That's my opinion anyway
    02-03-2020 07:26 AM
    Samsung is moving too fast. They are making too many devices, and keep screwing things up.
    02-03-2020 08:46 AM
    Samsung is moving too fast. They are making too many devices, and keep screwing things up.
    Yes they are, and every new device they make takes sales away from their other devices. I'm thinking they are gearing up to move the note to the S series and have fold take the note spot.
    02-03-2020 08:54 AM
    If they can improve on the fold maybe by 3rd or 4th generation it will be ready to replace it ..
    02-03-2020 08:58 AM
    Why are they bringing out this Bixby Home device? I'm so tired of all these unnecessary products. I feel the same way about Samsung having their own calendar app, and other duplicate app you can't get rid of on your phone.
    02-03-2020 08:59 AM
    Yes they are, and every new device they make takes sales away from their other devices. I'm thinking they are gearing up to move the note to the S series and have fold take the note spot.
    I'm not interested in folding phones. If Samsung moves the Note under the Galaxy S umbrella I'll be right "there" to buy it. I prefer candy bar Notes.
    TodaySteve likes this.
    02-03-2020 12:19 PM
    I don't believe any foldable device is will be able to handle the abuse of daily phone use for what they sell for. Manufacturers need to add a better warranty for me to make a purchase.
    Chet Patel likes this.
    02-03-2020 02:02 PM
    based on the pictures, the phone it too long. I would rather have a wider phone.
    02-03-2020 02:10 PM
    Why are they bringing out this Bixby Home device? I'm so tired of all these unnecessary products. I feel the same way about Samsung having their own calendar app, and other duplicate app you can't get rid of on your phone.
    but will they bring out the bixby home device? I am beginning to wonder. I guess samsung is trying to be like google, get their mitts into everything and create their own ecosystem and hope the public will buy into it.
    j_hansen likes this.
    02-03-2020 02:15 PM
    I don't believe any foldable device is will be able to handle the abuse of daily phone use for what they sell for. Manufacturers need to add a better warranty for me to make a purchase.
    abetter warranty is great but they also have to honor it and samsung does not have a good track record with honoring warranties.
    02-03-2020 02:17 PM
    All I know is this year instead on jumping on every release I'm going to wait it out until the Note is released to weigh out the options. A fold with Note capabilities does sound interesting tho.
    02-03-2020 06:58 PM
    All I know is this year instead on jumping on every release I'm going to wait it out until the Note is released to weigh out the options. A fold with Note capabilities does sound interesting tho.
    The Galaxy Note is always high up on the food chain and always meets my needs (especially since photography isn't one of my present concerns 🙂). I'm awaiting the Note 20.
    02-04-2020 05:00 AM
    The Galaxy Note is always high up on the food chain and always meets my needs (especially since photography isn't one of my present concerns ������). I'm awaiting the Note 20.
    I have said the past 3 years I was gonna keep my Note8, I mean Note9, I mean Note10+ and not purchase another phone and use my current phone for a couple of years, then I get the itch, and eventually, the new phone... and usually preorder.
    02-05-2020 08:25 AM
    You can disable a lot of the redundant apps with package disabler. I got rid of the email, messages, internet and calendar app with it. You disable pretty much everything but gotta be careful with some system apps that need the is to run smoothly.
    02-07-2020 02:10 PM
    I personally can’t see the Fold working, it’s a fad that will disappear in a year or so from poor sales...

My preference would be for Samsung to make the Note a flat screen again, the size of the Motorola Nexus 6. That was a superb, wide screened mobile IMO
    02-07-2020 05:02 PM
    I don't see a foldable Note for the next 2 or 3 years. Then, who knows? It needs to have a foldable glass screen, though.
    02-07-2020 06:22 PM
    I don't see a foldable Note for the next 2 or 3 years. Then, who knows? It needs to have a foldable glass screen, though.
    I don't see a foldable note ever. I see the note being rebranded in the S series, and a new line take the note spot.
    j_hansen likes this.
    02-07-2020 06:56 PM
    Everybody is making these. They work as hubs for all their smart home networks.

And personally I don't use any of Google's apps. I think Samsung's are way better. If anything I find Google's apps to be redundant, and would rather those not be preinstalled. Just put Maps, YouTube, and Play apps. I don't need all those others.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-07-2020 07:08 PM
    That doesn't really change anything if they move the Note to the S series like an Ultra with an Spen. I also don't think we are close to seeing a viable folding device. Some will buy it but I have zero interest. In my opinion, phones are big enough that I don't need more screen.
    02-07-2020 11:18 PM