Note 10 or Note 10+?

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I don't know if there is a topic about either of these phones but I'm going to make one now. I may have an opportunity tomorrow to pick up either one of these phones. I like the size and the compact size of the regular 10 but I like the features of the 10+. The 10 plus has the SD memory card expansion and the other 10 does not That's my main concern. But at the same time I like the smaller form factor of the smaller 10 versus the 10+. How is the battery usage on a smaller 10 versus the 10+?

isired

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
If you're coming from a Note 8 or 9, you want the 10+. The 10 is really a smaller Note, should be the 10 Minus and the 10+ is just the evolution of the Note series.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if there is a topic about either of these phones but I'm going to make one now. I may have an opportunity tomorrow to pick up either one of these phones. I like the size and the compact size of the regular 10 but I like the features of the 10+. The 10 plus has the SD memory card expansion and the other 10 does not That's my main concern. But at the same time I like the smaller form factor of the smaller 10 versus the 10+. How is the battery usage on a smaller 10 versus the 10+?

Buy the Note 10 Plus. I have the it and the Note 9 and use them both daily. I'm happy to say I don't experience any less satisfaction switching from one to the other. Note 10? No memory card option, smaller RAM and smaller battery (800 mAh) and no WQHD resolution. Plus a smaller screen-to-body ratio ☹️

isired

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Regarding battery, the 10+ is the first phone that I dont have to charge overnight if I need to - a combination of battery size and also power management. I dont lose more than 15% for those 6-7hrs, and sometimes half that.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
If battery is any concern get the Note 10 plus, it might look and be slightly bigger than Note 8/9 but it doesn't really feel it in the hand and you WILL appreciate the 6.8'' screen

isired

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I mean slightly is the operative word here, and even that could be considered an exaggeration:
  • Note 10+: 162.3 x 77.2 x 7.9mm, 196g
    Note 9: 161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8mm, 201g
    Note 8: 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6mm, 195g

.4 mm taller than Note 9; .2mm less tall than 8

.8mm wider than 9; 2.4mm wider than 8

.9mm less thick than 9; .7mm less thick than 8

I'm telling you, the 10+ is just the next gen of the 8 & 9; the 10 is a downgrade, other than the camera and a slight edge in battery capacity over the 8 (though still less than the 9).

Screen is a pretty big downgrade.
  • Note 10+: 3040x1440px - 6.8-inches, Quad HD+
    Note 9: 2960x1440px - 6.4-inches, Quad HD+
    Note 8: 2960x1440px - 6.3-inches, Quad HD+
    Note 10: 2280x1080px - 6.3-inches, Full HD+

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
No one can really answer this but yourself. I’ve owned both and kind of prefer the 10 for the form factor as well. The spec nazis posting about all of the differences don’t really affect things all that much irl. Time of flight camera is pretty much useless. Higher resolution display is basically un noticeable at this size. Personally I don’t need a mem card slot if my phone already has 256 GB. 8GB of ram is more than enough in a phone imo. I haven’t noticed a difference in battery longevity either.

So it’s up to you. If those things really matter to you more than the form factor, then get the 10 plus. I’m my experience in real world use they perform the same. I only got the 10 plus because my wife messed up her order and accidentally got the plus. It is way to big for her so we traded and she took my 10. I had the 10 since launch and traded wife for the plus 2 months ago.

Last edited:

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
No one can really answer this but yourself. I’ve owned both and kind of prefer the 10 for the form factor as well. The spec nazis posting about all of the differences don’t really affect things all that much irl. Time of flight camera is pretty much useless. Higher resolution display is basically un noticeable at this size. Personally I don’t need a mem card slot if my phone already has 256 GB. 8GB of ram is more than enough in a phone imo. I haven’t noticed a difference in battery longevity either.

So it’s up to you. If those things really matter to you more than the form factor, then get the 10 plus. I’m my experience in real world use they perform the same. I only got the 10 plus because my wife messed up her order and accidentally got the plus. It is way to big for her so we traded and she took my 10. I had the 10 since launch and traded wife for the plus 2 months ago.

I am with you. Wanted 10 but ended up with 10+ since my wife talked me in to getting the same phone as her. I am tired of carrying big phone after note 8 and really wanted to try 10. Now am stuck with 10+. Great phone and amazing battery life but handling is bit difficult.

isired

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Well obv if you like a smaller phone the 10 is a consideration, my point is that the name is misleading, and I was trying to clear it up. The 10 isn't part of the Note progression from 8 & 9, if that's what you're looking for, the 10+ is the phone you want. It's not 8-9-10 its 8-9-10+ and a new smaller 10 'lite'.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
The "smaller" note 10 is similar in size to the Note line up until the 7 and has a larger screen than every note made up until the Note 9. To me, the Note 8 started getting too large to use comfortably and the Note 10 brings it back to being large but still manageable as previous Notes did.

But to answer the OP, depends on what is more important to you, the SD card or having a "smaller" device. With 256gb storage, while I would like an SD card, it's enough storage for everything I need (currently have 70gb free on mine).

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
If you're coming from a Note 8 or 9, you want the 10+. The 10 is really a smaller Note, should be the 10 Minus and the 10+ is just the evolution of the Note series.

Not necessarily. I went from the Note 9 to the 10 (not +) and am very happy with my decision. The smaller form factor feels much better in my hand and pocket.

isired

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Not necessarily. I went from the Note 9 to the 10 (not +) and am very happy with my decision. The smaller form factor feels much better in my hand and pocket.
Yes, I think I said above, of you want a smaller form then obviously you would consider the 10.

I should say that, before I started looking at the 10 and 10+, I assumed the 10 was the next in my progression from 5 to 8 to 9, and that the 10+ was bigger. I decided to go 'bigger' mostly because the specs were evolving, unlike the 10 which had some small upgrades and several downgrades, and was surprised when I went to the store and saw that the 10+ was basically the same size as the 9.

So that's my point, the 10 is a small version of the Note.

Last edited:

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
My wife had a S7 and she decided to pick up the Note 10 and she loves the phone. She finds my phone to be too big.

I have had the Note 4, 8 and now 10+. I love my 10+ best phone I have ever used. I only change phones every 2 plus years. I may keep the 10+ longer.

I think both phones are great, but I am still unhappy that Samsung removed the SD card slot from the Note 10. Zero reason to remove the slot.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I did end up getting the 10+ from local T-Mobile store. Paid $400 down ( already had money saved up). So basiclly financing $700. So far I reallly enjoy and love this phone.