Samsung Messages and Note 10+

missionsparta

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
So a couple months after getting my Note 10+ through AT&T, my text messages seemed to start going nuts. People would always tell me my group messages got broke up into individual. They said texts I sent four hours ago just got there. I'd watch six texts I sent have to go through then the next one would hang and the next three go through with the hanging one finally making it though five minutes later. I tested Android Messages and it appears there was no issue. Problem is Android Messages and my Galaxy Watch don't work together great. The phone was replaced by Samsung as they felt it could be a individual phone issue. New phone and same exact issues. So now I'm trying to narrow it down to if it's an issue with the Samsung messaging app or if it's something with my account with AT&T. Anyone else experience this? If so what network are you on or were you able to pin point the issue?

P.S. the really, really odd thing is all issues go away if the thread I am texting in has NO Apple iMesaage users. I've pinned that down to being part of the issue. I've never owned an iPhone so it's not an issue with iMessage still lingering on phone account.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So a couple months after getting my Note 10+ through AT&T, my text messages seemed to start going nuts. People would always tell me my group messages got broke up into individual. They said texts I sent four hours ago just got there. I'd watch six texts I sent have to go through then the next one would hang and the next three go through with the hanging one finally making it though five minutes later. I tested Android Messages and it appears there was no issue. Problem is Android Messages and my Galaxy Watch don't work together great. The phone was replaced by Samsung as they felt it could be a individual phone issue. New phone and same exact issues. So now I'm trying to narrow it down to if it's an issue with the Samsung messaging app or if it's something with my account with AT&T. Anyone else experience this? If so what network are you on or were you able to pin point the issue?

P.S. the really, really odd thing is all issues go away if the thread I am texting in has NO Apple iMesaage users. I've pinned that down to being part of the issue. I've never owned an iPhone so it's not an issue with iMessage still lingering on phone account.
Have you tried reset the stock Samsung message app?
Long press the message icon tap info then scroll to storage clear data,cache,force stop it.
Also make sure wifi calling is off , was issue before with message app dont know if still is.

Last edited:

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I think the op is on track with the iOS conflict. I've had it, read about it and try to work around it. Keeping my outgoing texts short mms seems to go with more success to iOS. Sending mms with text fail regularly. There are a few settings to adjust in Android to improve things.
Good luck

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think the op is on track with the iOS conflict. I've had it, read about it and try to work around it. Keeping my outgoing texts short mms seems to go with more success to iOS. Sending mms with text fail regularly. There are a few settings to adjust in Android to improve things.
Good luck
I thought same thing until they used another message app and was ok.

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried reset the stock Samsung message app?
Long press the message icon tap info then scroll to storage clear data,cache,force stop it.
Also make sure wifi calling is off , was issue before with message app dont know if still is.
Thanks... Will try

missionsparta

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
Me neither. Never have had iOS. So it's not an issue with deregistering from iMessage. I wonder if this is a Samsung issue or ATT issue. I'm leaving towards ATT.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I seem to have the same problem from time to time , I have to turn the wifi off in order to send a text. Once it is sent I turn the WiFi back on and don't have the problem.

I am using the Verizon text app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall