[SPH-L900][FIX] Activation Errors & Chameleon FCs (LJC/LK8)

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Note: This post is a summary of the discussion and investigation documented in this thread:
HFA & Chameleon Errors Fix - Or revert to older firmware from LK8 - xda-developers

When Team Sextape first released the LK8 update it was quickly discovered that the CSC (Sales Code) information in the leak was not defaulting to Sprint. There were also some wi-fi issues, which I'm still trying to troubleshoot - and as a result some people wanted to go back to LJC. This led to another set of issues - mainly a force close of Chameleon.apk and Hands Free Activation being triggered upon each startup.

After some digging it was discovered that LK8's version of Chameleon updated information in a partition called carrier. This partition - of which Samsung doesn't provide an image - contains among other things a database that was being updated from an older version to a newer one. Unfortunately LJC's version of Chameleon doesn't know how to properly handle this change and so it causes the problems above.

Easiest way to fix it is to get Chameleon and carrier back to the same version. There are two quick and easy solutions to this:

1) Go back to the LJC version. You can download the .ZIP here and flash in CWM/TWRP:
http://www.rwilco12.com/Garwynn/L900ErrFixLJC.zip
This updates your carrier partition and Chameleon to the LJC version.
This will avoid issues if you like to flash between other LJC ROMs.

2) If staying on one ROM or plan on jumping to an LK8 ROM you can also flash this version:
http://www.rwilco12.com/Garwynn/L900ErrFix.zip
This updates your carrier partition and Chameleon to the LK8 version.
Note: If you flash another LJC ROM though you will have the errors come up again.

Last edited:

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: [FIX] Activation Errors & Chameleon FCs (LJC/LK8)

Note: This post is a summary of the discussion and investigation documented in this thread:
HFA & Chameleon Errors Fix - Or revert to older firmware from LK8 - xda-developers

When Team Sextape first released the LK8 update it was quickly discovered that the CSC (Sales Code) information in the leak was not defaulting to Sprint. There were also some wi-fi issues, which I'm still trying to troubleshoot - and as a result some people wanted to go back to LJC. This led to another set of issues - mainly a force close of Chameleon.apk and Hands Free Activation being triggered upon each startup.

After some digging it was discovered that LK8's version of Chameleon updated information in a partition called carrier. This partition - of which Samsung doesn't provide an image - contains among other things a database that was being updated from an older version to a newer one. Unfortunately LJC's version of Chameleon doesn't know how to properly handle this change and so it causes the problems above.

Easiest way to fix it is to get Chameleon and carrier back to the same version. There are two quick and easy solutions to this:

1) Go back to the LJC version. You can download the .ZIP here and flash in CWM/TWRP:
http://www.rwilco12.com/Garwynn/L900ErrFixLJC.zip
This updates your carrier partition and Chameleon to the LJC version.
This will avoid issues if you like to flash between other LJC ROMs.

2) If staying on one ROM or plan on jumping to an LK8 ROM you can also flash this version:
http://www.rwilco12.com/Garwynn/L900ErrFix.zip
This updates your carrier partition and Chameleon to the LK8 version.
Note: If you flash another LJC ROM though you will have the errors come up again.

I am new at all this, I did a manual update from LJC to LK8 and there is some missing features so I want to go back to LJC, I am not rooted and I am a female and need help with a link to get phone back. Please help me.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

I am new at all this, I did a manual update from LJC to LK8 and there is some missing features so I want to go back to LJC, I am not rooted and I am a female and need help with a link to get phone back. Please help me.

Just curious how you did the manual update as it isn't out yet. Did you load the leaked rom?

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Just curious how you did the manual update as it isn't out yet. Did you load the leaked rom?

It was not a leaked rom but it was an update for the Sprint version of the Samsung galaxy note 2 (4.1.2) update but just not offical. Was on YouTube.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

It was not a leaked rom but it was an update for the Sprint version of the Samsung galaxy note 2 (4.1.2) update but just not offical. Was on YouTube.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Are you rooted? If so, restore your nandroid. Then before rebooting, flash his fix.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Are you rooted? If so, restore your nandroid. Then before rebooting, flash his fix.

No I am not rooted, i am a female and don't understand anything about rooting. So how can I go back to regular system?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

No I am not rooted, i am a female and don't understand anything about rooting. So how can I go back to regular system?

Then your choices are pretty limited. Go to the sticky How to root and return to stock. Follow the directions to return to stock or live with what you have. Since you're not rooted you can skip the step to clear your flash count with triangle away.

grippyo

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
:-\ my sph-l900 changed to macks rom 3.6 and 4.0 from jelly bomb 13.0.0 then went back to stock lost phone and camillion coming up ..my internal sd says i have no more room. will not let me go back to stock.. on one clicks odin loads nothing my my drive full when viewing on computer i see external with blue line showing how much room internal has no line with -104857600 bytes free-10... some one help please!!been on it a week

slener1977

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the info garwynn!!!!

I agree.... I'm sticking to stock for awhile..... Galaxy Note 2 is sick when going to 4.2.x Especially GPS functionality ..... I'll just leave well enough alone :p:p