Please tell me the Good and the Bad onthe Note 2.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes, that's more of a color saturation adjustment and does't change the whites. The screen just isn't capable of reproducing a real white, it's commonly known. You can get used to it until you use something else with a decent LCD.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes, that's more of a color saturation adjustment and does't change the whites. The screen just isn't capable of reproducing a real white, it's commonly known. You can get used to it until you use something else with a decent LCD.

Understandable. I guess I'm just used to it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Bad, it's a pretty expensive phone at the moment.
Also the AMOLED white balance is better but still no where able to reproduce accurate whites.

Right, forgot about the price. Got mine free on an unlimited data plan at $50 a month. :p Sometimes the third world has its perks. But yeah the price off-contract is steep.

I don't really notice the off white balance. My display is set to "natural" instead of "standard."

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

doublebullout

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Regarding document markup:

Is the S-pen markup saved with the document file so that the markup can be viewed on any other device or computer that opens the file? If the markup is only visible on the Note 2 then I don't see the value in this feature.
Can someone please verify this? The Best Buy employee I talked to indicated that this does work, but I think he misunderstood my question. Apparently you can email or send images with drawing on them. But that's not quite what I mean. If I view a PDF on the Note 2 and write my notes directly on it, do my annotations get saved with the file? If I email the file to another coworker, can they open the PDF on any computer and see my notes?

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk

onlyoneromeo

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Can someone please verify this? The Best Buy employee I talked to indicated that this does work, but I think he misunderstood my question. Apparently you can email or send images with drawing on them. But that's not quite what I mean. If I view a PDF on the Note 2 and write my notes directly on it, do my annotations get saved with the file? If I email the file to another coworker, can they open the PDF on any computer and see my notes?

No it Takes a screen shot of the pdf and then you can draw on it. Then you save it as a separate file.

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site

I made a whole video on this a while back if you want to check it out. Basically, with PDF's, use Adobe Reader not S Note. With Adobe Reader, you can draw on it, it will save it in the PDF, and works great with the S Pen for handwritten notes. And from the Adobe Reader, you can send it off in an email.
Can you fill out PDF forms with S Note? - Business Uses With Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - YouTube
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Check out my huge collection of 64GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Videos (Demos, Accessory Reviews)

MANdroidd

Banned
Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
After handling my friends Note 2, the only "bad" thing I can think of is its size. Its not as big as people think it is but it is definitely larger than anything youre going to be used to. I personally think the screen is amazing but I can see some people thinking its too large. Besides that there really is nothing bad about the phone. Specs and user experience are 2nd to none. so "buttery" smooth.

AaronSmart

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised how much smaller the n2 seems compared to the n1. I'm a large guy but the n1 was just a hair too big to one hand, compared to the 2

It is funny watching someone handle the phone for the first time, they really fidget with it, to get comfortable, which makes sense.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised how much smaller the n2 seems compared to the n1. I'm a large guy but the n1 was just a hair too big to one hand, compared to the 2

It is funny watching someone handle the phone for the first time, they really fidget with it, to get comfortable, which makes sense.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

Seems? :p
It is smaller and taller making it bigger than the Note 1. :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Sdn2995

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

I use EZ pdf reader. It has the option to write on the pdf it will also save a copy before you write on it if you wish, and it saves it in pdf not a jpeg file. I use this all the time so customers can sign timesheets and invoices it works great, the. S pen works better then any aftermarket pen I used on my tablet. I haven't tried anything that comes stock on the phone, but I'll give it a go and let you know.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Really? I think im going to try that. Thanks!:)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Did you know that with the Note 2 you don't have to touch the screen or the device at all to take a picture?

No need to download a separate app, you simply go into camera settings and set the Note 2 to take a picture by voice command by saying "cheese" or capture"

I went to the Dallas Arboretum last Saturday, and used the feature all day for taking pictures.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Did you know that with the Note 2 you don't have to touch the screen or the device at all to take a picture?
No need to download a separate app, you simply go into camera settings and set the Note 2 to take a picture by voice command by saying "cheese" or capture"
I went to the Dallas Arboretum last Saturday, and used the feature all day for taking pictures.

Ya, I've been doing that! Makes photographing nine grandchildren and two Scottish terriers much easier! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress