FlyGrip secure holder + kickstand

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
If you are the type of person who drops their phone or you're concerned that you might drop the phone or find that your fingers can't reach to the other side or that your hand gets tired or if you want a kickstand added to your phone or case, I got my FlyGrip two days ago and love it! I use the kickstand constantly.

They send you two 3M tape mounts (I also bought an extra 3) so if you decide you want to move the gripper, you can do so. The site has tons of videos for deciding what size to get and he has a Note 2 so you can see it in action.

FlyGrip - Welcome

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
If you are the type of person who drops their phone or you're concerned that you might drop the phone or find that your fingers can't reach to the other side or that your hand gets tired or if you want a kickstand added to your phone or case, I got my FlyGrip two days ago and love it! I use the kickstand constantly.

They send you two 3M tape mounts (I also bought an extra 3) so if you decide you want to move the gripper, you can do so. The site has tons of videos for deciding what size to get and he has a Note 2 so you can see it in action.

FlyGrip - Welcome

You got it before I did?! GAH! :D

Hey, how did you mount yours? Did you center it, or offset it like he does in the video?

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
You got it before I did?! GAH! :D
Hey, how did you mount yours? Did you center it, or offset it like he does in the video?
Ah, the person who recommended the FlyGrip! Thank you so much!!!!!

I mounted it up higher than he did and on the edge of the phone. What I did was watch my finger placement for a day or two before I mounted it and then held the FlyGrip in my fingers against the back of the phone until it felt natural. The phone would have been too top heavy if put down where he had it, atleast for me. It's 3/4" up from the speaker and along the side of the phone, 1/2" in from the edge as oppose to in the middle like on those tiny phones. :D Also, with how secure you now hold the phone, you can place it more towards the side (not middle) giving you less finger in the back and more thumb in the front. Dang, I hope that makes sense. I have smallish hands, but the medium FlyGrip works perfectly. He includes finger pads, if needed and an extra mounting tape. The packaging is almost over the top, someone spent a lot of $$ in marketing :)

The downside to where I placed the FlyGrip is the kickstand only works in landscape, but I never used my EVO in portrait, so nothing lost.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Ah, the person who recommended the FlyGrip! Thank you so much!!!!!

I mounted it up higher than he did and on the edge of the phone. What I did was watch my finger placement for a day or two before I mounted it and then held the FlyGrip in my fingers against the back of the phone until it felt natural. The phone would have been too top heavy if put down where he had it, atleast for me. It's 3/4" up from the speaker and along the side of the phone, 1/2" in from the edge as oppose to in the middle like on those tiny phones. :D Also, with how secure you now hold the phone, you can place it more towards the side (not middle) giving you less finger in the back and more thumb in the front. Dang, I hope that makes sense. I have smallish hands, but the medium FlyGrip works perfectly. He includes finger pads, if needed and an extra mounting tape. The packaging is almost over the top, someone spent a lot of $$ in marketing :)

The downside to where I placed the FlyGrip is the kickstand only works in landscape, but I never used my EVO in portrait, so nothing lost.

Nice!

I need to send my original one in before I give it to my wife (the pin keeps coming out for some reason. Year Warranty!). I think I might mount mine like I did on my S3, which was just below the middle of the phone, centered. I used mine in portrait mode quite a bit while doing other things.

And you're totally right about that package... It's way cool, but WoW. And how about that handle on top? I thought that it was a bracelet at first.

Glad you like it! :cool:

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I got my warranty replacement from FlyGrip... They sent me a brand new one, and even gave me the color change I requested (black instead of white).

I think that they've tweaked the design a bit; my original one was kind of stiff when inserting the kickstand, where as this one is nice and smooth. The mechanism feels better too.

I have to say that I'm really impressed with their customer service; less that a week turnaround, and no hassles!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Jack in NC

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
You think the FlyGrip would work with a flask? While less valuable than a phone, I am typically in greater need of handling assistance when holding a flask. FlyGrip looks like a Win for this use case.