Does your Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 overheat?

Neon Angel

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
yes omg i was playing a car racing game for 5 mins and the upper right corner was boiling hot.....very vety hot...only had my phone for 2 days

martyandthepinheads

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
All those s saying you phone runs fine. Stop bull ting. This is a common problem with samsung. I have the firat generation of the note and it startes overheating, then turning off, then out of battery. And i restored my phonw and i am experiencing the same problem, i believe that it is the battery heating the plastic back of the phone. Causing a reaction to the upper part of the phone. I am very disappointed in samsung.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Mine only gets hot when running gps. Other than that I run netflix for Hours on end and it doesn't get hot. Maybe it had something to do with games.

Maybe someone should attempt to get the same result in airplane mode to rule out the radios
From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rajesh Arora

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Hii.
I face exactly the same problem . It gets overheated near the earpiece area. Also along with it the battery drains very quickly. This problem arised after 2 months sinceu purchased.pls let me knw

Odession

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
It does get warm pretty easily, particulary as others have said when charging and in use. If its hot just doing calls you have an issue somewhere be it in apps or background services - turn off wifi/mobile data/GPS/screen brightness if not in use and enable the CPU power saving options, that'll keep it cool and easy to hold. I've been messing around with a bitcoin mining app (because its there!) and if I use the maximum settings while charging the Note 2 quickly becomes a bit too hot to handle. Likewise if intensive gaming and charging.

It proved a very nice handwarmer during the winter - probably the best built-in feature and the apple groupies I call my co-workers were envious. :D Lack of a CPU temprature sensor does bug me - running the Note 2 at high temprature constantly is going to cause it to fail a bit sooner than it would otherwise, hard to tell if its getting critically hot inside or if the stock case is just good at absorbing the heat.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I run sirius /xm for 9 hours straight everyday and have never had a heat issue.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Rohit Mali

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I ma also facing d same prob. But its not only Real Racing 3 game. Its also while I surf on google chrome, while playing other games too.
Its been jus a week I bought dis fone. Previouly I had been using ifone for almost 6 years. I never faced heating problems except sometimes while charging. Plzz suggest if I shud exchange the fone or it is d common prob with samsung?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
I ma also facing d same prob. But its not only Real Racing 3 game. Its also while I surf on google chrome, while playing other games too.
Its been jus a week I bought dis fone. Previouly I had been using ifone for almost 6 years. I never faced heating problems except sometimes while charging. Plzz suggest if I shud exchange the fone or it is d common prob with samsung?

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I bought note 2 one month before I have same heating problem.. I noticed while doing mobile charging and while doing browsing its getting over heat on upper part of my mobile. If i get a call on that time.I cant even keep my mobile near to my ear even i cant touch that part because of heat. I gave service centre they said no issues. But I put my sim and I did browsing infront of them for 10 mins and shown that problem. They told me to change my sim card. I changed my sim but still same issue. I dont think heating problem because of apps bcz note 2 is for to use all apps.if its not then no meaning to buy this mobile to spending much money on this mobile.. need to find solution for this issue..
In Samsung website there is a CEO mail id who are all having problem will send a mail to that id..if they receive many mail they should take action...service centre people not even bothering our issues. .bcz we have to run for everything bcz we spent our money....

ReuvenNY

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
In the first few days there is a lot of syncing which may cause it. Check which account automatically sync and what do they sync

suzannedance

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
My Note 2 gets very hot at the top if I use it more than 2 or 3 minutes at a time. It just just started to do it 3 days ago. Quite annoying. And my battery runs down in half the time it did before. What does one do about this?
suzannedance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa