One thing I've noticed on the Note II

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
One thing that's a big step up on the Note II is the Charger.
It's a 2 amp charger so more juice flows through it and can charge the battery much faster.
Today I was at 19% when I plugged in, within 3 hours it was 100%.
Now that may not seem much but with a 3100 mA battery that is super fast.
An iPhone charger would have taken much longer.
I will try to deplete the battery completely and do a full charge just to see how long it takes.

Yes, the Note II still rocks!

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
That is why I tend to charge my devices with my Nook Color charger. It's a 3 amp charger. Phone gets a little warm sometimes but it charges fast!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
That is why I tend to charge my devices with my Nook Color charger. It's a 3 amp charger. Phone gets a little warm sometimes but it charges fast!

I didn't know the Nook Color charger was 3 amp. I have one and will start using it...thanks for the tip!

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that the newer ones are actually 1.9 amp but I'm pretty sure my older one is indeed a 3. Gets my phone a bit warm at times. Sometimes makes the touchscreen a but quirky while charging.

TJB

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
My GN2 makes kind of a gurgling or buzzing when i plug it into the wall. Is that normal? Does anyone else have that. I can hear it standing a little ways away from the phone.

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to have to retract my statement about the Nook Color charger being a 3 amp charger....... I just checked my other one and it also says 1.9 amp. Hmmmmm. Now I have to figure out what charger I have that I saw the 3 amp rating on.......

But the B&N charger still does a bang up job of charging my android phone. And it is fast.

MiXoLoGiSt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to have to retract my statement about the Nook Color charger being a 3 amp charger....... I just checked my other one and it also says 1.9 amp. Hmmmmm. Now I have to figure out what charger I have that I saw the 3 amp rating on.......

But the B&N charger still does a bang up job of charging my android phone. And it is fast.

I wouldn't worry about it. Phones usually only charge at the rate they can handle and the max is usually what the charger with the phone can do, so even if you use a 3 amp my guess would be it would only be charging at 2 amps anyways.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
One thing that's a big step up on the Note II is the Charger.
It's a 2 amp charger so more juice flows through it and can charge the battery much faster.
Today I was at 19% when I plugged in, within 3 hours it was 100%.
Now that may not seem much but with a 3100 mA battery that is super fast.
An iPhone charger would have taken much longer.
I will try to deplete the battery completely and do a full charge just to see how long it takes.

Yes, the Note II still rocks!

Good info. I was just using the one from my SGSIII. Turns out the GN2 is a 2.0 amp output and the SGSIII charger is 1.0 amp. Finally broke out my GN2 charger!

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
@ mixo- I have a ton of battery experience from racing r/c cars, and just a bit of advice, you can charge at any amperage you want. The smart thing to do is to charge with the supplied charger from the box. With a li-ion battery you should really charge at 1c, which is 3.1 amps max for a 3100 mah battery. They give you a 2 amp power adapter in order to preserve battery life since you're putting less strain at the lower amperage. Not trying to battle or anything just figured I'd pass my knowledge along!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
It takes 2.5 hours from about 5% on the Samsung battery charging case/stand. Probably a little longer if you charge on the phone because it needs to keep the phone powered.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
My GN2 makes kind of a gurgling or buzzing when i plug it into the wall. Is that normal? Does anyone else have that. I can hear it standing a little ways away from the phone.
I hear a quiet high-pitched buzz that cycles on and off during the night. I have it plugged in charging next to my bed. It drove us crazy until we got used to it. Now I don't notice it.
Does your gurgling/buzzing cycle on and off?

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Mine is on a table next to my bed... Never noticed any noises, and I keep it plugged in overnight. Now I'm kind of afraid to actually try listening for it. I might not be able to ignore it !

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums