Google Now

jdefalco

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Google now seems to have some really cool features and can be very useful as it grows. However, I have an issue that I cannot seem to resolve. I have searched the forums for a similar issue, but no luck.

I have it set up to check emails for orders and provide shipping information which seems to function well. Also have it set up for sports scores and weather. I also set up the traffic feature to give it a try. I entered my Home address and work address. It does pop up and tell me that my commute will be X amount of time, based on traffic. However, I have 2 issues:
1. You cannot set up times (8-5) so that it alerts you in the morning before you leave for work and towards the end of the day when it is time to go home. It pops up for me several times throughout the day while I am already at work. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere?
2. Alternate route - It shows the traffic and travel time based on a route it chooses. I however, do not use that toute, I use a different one. Is there a way I can alter this?

Thanks in advance.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Google now seems to have some really cool features and can be very useful as it grows. However, I have an issue that I cannot seem to resolve. I have searched the forums for a similar issue, but no luck.

I have it set up to check emails for orders and provide shipping information which seems to function well. Also have it set up for sports scores and weather. I also set up the traffic feature to give it a try. I entered my Home address and work address. It does pop up and tell me that my commute will be X amount of time, based on traffic. However, I have 2 issues:
1. You cannot set up times (8-5) so that it alerts you in the morning before you leave for work and towards the end of the day when it is time to go home. It pops up for me several times throughout the day while I am already at work. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere?
2. Alternate route - It shows the traffic and travel time based on a route it chooses. I however, do not use that toute, I use a different one. Is there a way I can alter this?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not aware of a setting for entering commute times. It figures it out based on when you normally leave. Of course, you could put a "Work" appointment (with your office address) on your calendar for when you are due at the office...and a similar appointment for home. I haven't needed to do this. It will automatically figure out the times based on your commuting habits. You just need to be consistent (and have location history turned on).

Also, I've found that it will offer alternate routes based on traffic congestion as well as distance. I learned not to fight it and it actually cut my commute time.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree that there should be some form of setting to change your commute times. I rarely have meetings at 6:30am when I get in the office. So I cannot put that on my calendar. The one other thing I like is that when I am out and about, Google Now gives me the estimated time to get back home. That's pretty cool.

Does anyone know how I can switch-off the sound when Google Now launches? I can't stand it each time I push on search it makes that annoying sound.

jdefalco

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm not aware of a setting for entering commute times. It figures it out based on when you normally leave. Of course, you could put a "Work" appointment (with your office address) on your calendar for when you are due at the office...and a similar appointment for home. I haven't needed to do this. It will automatically figure out the times based on your commuting habits. You just need to be consistent (and have location history turned on).

Also, I've found that it will offer alternate routes based on traffic congestion as well as distance. I learned not to fight it and it actually cut my commute time.

I guess I got so annoyed with it that I just kept ignoring it. I just checked and it did indeed have my "normal" route that I drive on a daily basis. So I am assuming that I have location history turned on. However, it is 1pm EST time and it is popping up and telling me about my commute home and I have another 3 hours before I leave. I would think it wouldn't alert me until it was closer to my departure time.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
If you into Google Now settings you can select when you want traffic updates.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354765857243.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354765857243.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 62

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer