Wtf? U cant out apps on sd card on the note 2??

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
He is rooted and used a root trick to trick the system as the SD card is the internal storage and vice versa.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
a5yhy2aq.jpg

That's with my latest nandroid on my internal... 2.86 gb of misc taken there.

I have no issues with speed or anything else... :/

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine came with the Jelly Beans ROM (Build 7 now) which lets you have the option to swap your SD card as your phone memory instead of the default setup. :D

Cringey

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
This is going to sound like whining but I wish I read these threads before buying a GN2 and a 64GB card... really lame of Google to go this Apple route. If I wanted lame fixed memory I would have gotten a DNA or something. But after the Thunderbolt I won't go HTC and probably after this contract will probably drop Android too if the future is costly tiered data without expandable memory. First a gimped Multi-View and now this...

jpoen2

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Take solace fellow Note 2 users! I am having the same problem. That is, not being able to transfer apps to my SD card on my new SG Note 2 running Jelly Bean. I have read that there is a workaround for this, but it requires rooting your brand new Galaxy Note 2, which, as far as I have gathered, may affect your warranty on your $500+ toy! My question is, why did the Googlers decide it was a good idea to start blocking the ability to transfer apps to whatever storage on your device you want to store it in? Their [Googles] mantra, last I heard is, "Do no Evil." See post by member about how Google has stopped allowing the app transfer to SD since Gingerbread.
Good luck!:-\

Last edited:

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I have read that there is a work-around for this, but it requires rooting your brand new Galaxy Note 2, which, as far as I have gathered, may effect your warranty on your $500 toy!

Yes, requires root, which will void warranty. There is a workaround but I'm not saying that it's proper.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't even know what the canvas 2 hd is, but the question is what os did it originally ship with?

Btw, ain't no reason to be vulgar

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Canvas hd after looking it up is an android phone sold in countries like india.

Las I checked, they weren't all too legit when it comes to licensing software.

Anyway, as others have said, for some reason google has caused this limitation.

My note 2 still has the option in the menu, but it is permanently greyed out.

Google would have to certify the device for sale before it goes to market, so yeah, I would think that the manufacturer os at their mercy features present.

It's not wrong to fondle the s pen.

DeeAyBee

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
YES!!! Last night I connected mine to my laptop, installed and opened KiesAir. It alerted me that there was a FIRMWARE UPDATE. I installed it and a Google Play Store app called "AppMgr III". Voila! It works!

They must have heard our cries! No "rooting" or other scary tech geek remedies needed!

DeeAyBee

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I have an 8 gig sd card. If that helps, but last night I connected mine to my laptop, installed and opened KiesAir. It alerted me that there was a FIRMWARE UPDATE. I installed it and a Google Play Store app called "AppMgr III". Voila! It works!

They must have heard our cries! No "rooting" or other scary tech geek remedies needed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38