Galaxy Note 2 fueling my smartphone addiction.

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I keep reading about how people are so happy with the Note 2... And it makes me want one even more. I need to get to work selling some paintings so I can get one! :)

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I keep reading about how people are so happy with the Note 2... And it makes me want one even more. I need to get to work selling some paintings so I can get one! :)

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I had one but got rid of it because I was fed up with the CLNR game that Verizon and Samsung were playing on me. I went back to my RAZR Maxx HD so my phone isn't messed up from the beginning but I assure you that I will be upgrading to a Note at some point but probably not until the Galaxy Note III. The processing power and screen size were awesome but not worth the hassle I dealt with.

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I had one but got rid of it because I was fed up with the CLNR game that Verizon and Samsung were playing on me. I went back to my RAZR Maxx HD so my phone isn't messed up from the beginning but I assure you that I will be upgrading to a Note at some point but probably not until the Galaxy Note III. The processing power and screen size were awesome but not worth the hassle I dealt with.

That stinks. Hope your next round with the Note is better :) and I hope I enjoy mine when I get it. I feel like it's the perfect phone for an artist like me. Stylus... Big screen... I can draw on it... Take notes when inspiration strikes.... I can use it as a sort of "mini portfolio" in case I strike up a conversation with someone interested in my work... Keep myself organized ;)

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was checking around on eBay and I may be able to sell my RAZR HD Maxx for $400+ since it's in such pristine condition it looks brand new. I may pick up a brand new Note II and sell the RAZR HD and even my tablet off to cover the retail price. My friends with new devices (Note II) had no issues. It was me with a used device (replaced an HD Maxx due to Wi-Fi issues which were in turn Jelly Bean related) that had issues.

We'll see. May be headed to a Verizon store tomorrow. I'm tired of the CLNR game but I'm also not a big fan of small screen anymore!:)

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I was checking around on eBay and I may be able to sell my RAZR HD Maxx for $400+ since it's in such pristine condition it looks brand new. I may pick up a brand new Note II and sell the RAZR HD and even my tablet off to cover the retail price. My friends with new devices (Note II) had no issues. It was me with a used device (replaced an HD Maxx due to Wi-Fi issues which were in turn Jelly Bean related) that had issues.

We'll see. May be headed to a Verizon store tomorrow. I'm tired of the CLNR game but I'm also not a big fan of small screen anymore!:)

You can get the note 2 for $450 by buying from best buy and pm to sams club 98.88 on a new line of service . Then pay etf of $350. If you signed up for the $50 gc, you may be able to get that too, bringing the total cost of the phone to $400.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
After getting my Note 2 on Sprint (this is my 3rd) my wife asked me how many more phones was I planning to buy? I laughed, but then she asked me how many phones have I bought over the years? I made a list and it came to 28! I have had that many smartphones since 2007. My first was the AT&T Tilt. This isn't even counting the smartphones that I have bought multiples of. Now I have the Note 2 and I think it is perfect. But given my track record , I'm wondering if my fascination with this device will be short - lived. This could be the last device that I need for a while, or it could be just another notch on the belt. Anyone living this?

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

I think I am on a similar path. I have had at least 16 phones in the past two years. Partial picture

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362237772032.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362237772032.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 56

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I think I am on a similar path. I have had at least 16 phones in the past two years. Partial picture

It's fun but I think it can be a sickness too. :). People wonder how I'm so knowledgeable about just about every phone out. I want to tell them it is because I have owned just about every phone out.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You can get the note 2 for $450 by buying from best buy and pm to sams club 98.88 on a new line of service . Then pay etf of $350. If you signed up for the $50 gc, you may be able to get that too, bringing the total cost of the phone to $400.

Best Buy over here claims they don't match cell phone prices. I'm pretty persistent so I was surprised that they wouldn't budge. Oh well, I have a Note II in hand that appears to be problem free except for the minor creaks of plastic.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy over here claims they don't match cell phone prices. I'm pretty persistent so I was surprised that they wouldn't budge. Oh well, I have a Note II in hand that appears to be problem free except for the minor creaks of plastic.

Maybe try a different store? Corporate policy does allow pm mobile phones, or at least it isn't explicitly excluded for b&m like SAMs club.

Pm to online like amazon does have an explicit exclusion for mobile phones, although they did it for me, and others claimed success as well. At least as of today. The policy may change tomorrow.

Best Buy Price Match Guarantee - Best Buy

Also, ask for a copy of the policy so that you can educate yourself for future purchases. When i asked them, they claimed that they couldn't print it out. Then when I asked them to show it on the computer, they couldn't do that either, but they did pm, after throwing a bunch of excuses at me. If you haven't read my thread yet, it may help you with some rebuttals if they attempt to make false claims.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...hen-they-turn-you-down-first-second-time.html

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Maybe try a different store? Corporate policy does allow pm mobile phones, or at least it isn't explicitly excluded for b&m like SAMs club.

Pm to online like amazon does have an explicit exclusion for mobile phones, although they did it for me, and others claimed success as well. At least as of today. The policy may change tomorrow.

Best Buy Price Match Guarantee - Best Buy

Also, ask for a copy of the policy so that you can educate yourself for future purchases. When i asked them, they claimed that they couldn't print it out. Then when I asked them to show it on the computer, they couldn't do that either, but they did pm, after throwing a bunch of excuses at me. If you haven't read my thread yet, it may help you with some rebuttals if they attempt to make false claims.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...hen-they-turn-you-down-first-second-time.html

May have to give it a shot but for now I'm on a Note II. I have no regrets one way or another although saving money is always a positive. :)

Thanks bud.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
May have to give it a shot but for now I'm on a Note II. I have no regrets one way or another although saving money is always a positive. :)

Thanks bud.

Sure thing, even if you can't use it now, maybe you can use it for the note 3 :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Sure thing, even if you can't use it now, maybe you can use it for the note 3 :)

Oh definitely! I tried to go back to a smaller screen but its impossible. I can't type and the quality of screen was awful. Pentile FTL

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have had the Note2 since Jan 10th. I love this phone and the s-pen. Anything bigger tho is too much...have my tablet and laptop. I am very pleased. Samsung has a winner. And for me....its a keeper:)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Im obsessed with the note 2. I can't put mine down. My family thinks I'm crazy for having a phone this big.i think their crazy for not having a phone this big! 6.3 inches on the Note 3? Count me in!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

6.3 inch Note 3 will be my next phone for sure. I'm 100% a Note user from here on out, there's no going back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo