Galaxy Note 2 fueling my smartphone addiction.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but the screen is tiny. Its really a 4.5 with capatitive buttons that make it a 4.8.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

The razr maxx hd is 4.7". I saw it in store, one factoring the on screen buttons, it did not seem much bigger than my Droid razr maxx which is 4.3".

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I tried using my photon (4.3" ) after getting this as a birthday present for myself on 12/20 but it was impossible. Sticking with this until I feel like something else... which will be a long while.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The razr maxx hd is 4.7". I saw it in store, one factoring the on screen buttons, it did not seem much bigger than my Droid razr maxx which is 4.3".

That's because its not any bigger other than size. I've had an original and HD Maxx and the screen size is impossible to tell the difference with those on screen buttons on. Not saying the RAZR HD is a bad phone but I can't use a screen that small of a device any longer. :)

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
You're on an iPhone now so of course not. But going from a Note II to a 4.5 is tiny.

But I went from a Note 2 to an iPhone. And I still think 4.5 inches is big. Obviously not as big as the Note but still big for a phone.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
But I went from a Note 2 to an iPhone. And I still think 4.5 inches is big. Obviously not as big as the Note but still big for a phone.

We will have to agree to disagree because we have different opinions. Neither is wrong just feel we have different wants and/or needs.

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I can't imagine with the new Note 3 the screen size being bigger. Where are they going to draw the line?

I wonder about the same thing... I think 5.5 is the sweet spot for the Note. Anything bigger, and it becomes awkward to me....

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I certainly understand, my wife feels that the iPhone 4S that she has is a good size. Even my 4.3" phones like the thunderbolt, razr, razr maxx, Rezound all seem too big for her.

There certainly is a huge market for 4" phones, i am sure apple did a lot of research

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I certainly understand, my wife feels that the iPhone 4S that she has is a good size. Even my 4.3" phones like the thunderbolt, razr, razr maxx, Rezound all seem too big for her.

There certainly is a huge market for 4" phones, i am sure apple did a lot of research

Yep, but a lot of us can't go back from our note :)

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yep, but a lot of us can't go back from our note :)

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

Sure, many of us who went to the note 2 is due to its size, but some maybe wanted to try it, and it didn't work out for them.

Duard

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
OP wrote, "This could be the last device that I need for a while" and a lot of you agreed with him. OK, I know OP has done a downgrade and now thinks a 4" phone is big :p , but I think there are still a bunch of you frequent phone-buyers who have stepped off of the merry-go-round. I'm there, having stayed with my 4.7" Infuse for about 27 months before recently investing in a Note 2 when the price finally got down to my level (I paid $100 less a $54 trade-in for the Infuse plus about $200 in travel chargers, spare batteries and external batters chargers, cases and uSD card.I expect to stay on the N2 until something better gets down to my price level). I've always been this way, so no vendors are missing any revenue from me. But when you folks with 20 smartphones in your history find one to stay with, I can almost hear the crackling sound of your wallets closing. With increased competition from HTC, LG etc in the phablet range and the floor dropping out of pricing for entry-level 4" phones, you can see the storm clouds gathering around Seoul that washed away Detroit. Of course Samsung seems to have better marketing people than Chrysler, so it will be fun to watch and see what they do to get you all to crack your wallets back open again. :-$

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
About the only thing that will get me to switch out my Note 2 will be a 7-8" tablet that makes phone calls.

My first BlackBerry got me to stop needing to carry a separate phone, camera, mp3 player, and pda. Before the BlackBerry, I looked like Batman with all the things hanging from my utility belt. The whole prep of getting a smartphone was to carry just one device.

Now, I carry my Note 2 and Nexus 7. As much as I like the larger screen on the Note 2, I still prefer my Nexus 7 for reading books, magazines, and blogs, along with watching videos. But that means carrying multiple devices again. If my Nexus 7 could be used as a regular cell phone, or if the US model of the Note 8 had phone capabilities, I'd get rid of the Note 2.

I already use a headset most of the time for phone calls (so I can look things up, check my calendar, or take notes), so it wouldn't be like holding a '70s boom box to my head. I just want to get back to carrying one device again.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
About the only thing that will get me to switch out my Note 2 will be a 7-8" tablet that makes phone calls.

My first BlackBerry got me to stop needing to carry a separate phone, camera, mp3 player, and pda. Before the BlackBerry, I looked like Batman with all the things hanging from my utility belt. The whole prep of getting a smartphone was to carry just one device.

Now, I carry my Note 2 and Nexus 7. As much as I like the larger screen on the Note 2, I still prefer my Nexus 7 for reading books, magazines, and blogs, along with watching videos. But that means carrying multiple devices again. If my Nexus 7 could be used as a regular cell phone, or if the US model of the Note 8 had phone capabilities, I'd get rid of the Note 2.

I already use a headset most of the time for phone calls (so I can look things up, check my calendar, or take notes), so it wouldn't be like holding a '70s boom box to my head. I just want to get back to carrying one device again.

I was thinking of getting the Note 3 and using it as my Phone and Tablet. I don't have a tablet now, so I was hoping it would be big enough (rumored 5.68 inch). I guess a 7 inch tablet is nicer for reading, but I wouldn't know - never had one.

If they make a phone bigger than the Mega that can make calls, well, the bezel better be small....

Sent from my small screen iPhone 4 using Tapatalk