how to add music files to my sd card with out using Kies.

ateamlawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know of a good way to add my music files to my sd card without using Kies? When I try to do it using Google music it goes to my internal memory. I've given up on trying to download Kies to my computer.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I connect my phone to my pc and use windows Explorer and simply click and drag. Very easy

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

BlastTyrant

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Drag n drop is my method of choice, too. Personally, I don't know how someone can open Kies and then say to themselves, "This is what I want to use"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Believe it or not for windows users put the phone as mass storage and you can use windows media players sync

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

ateamlawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I used this method but all the files went to my internal storage. My sd card has been formatted from within the phone. Is there a way to transfer file from the internal storage to the sd card. I tried looking for a way to transfer to the sd card when I saw only 8 GB available. The phone is reading my card, showing 29.? GB available. Any help?

laststop311

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You could just take the sd card out and put it in a card reader on a pc and then drag and drop your media files into it. Why not do that? It's what I've always done in the past. It's faster this way too, especially if you have a uhs 1 compliant card and a uhs-1 compliant card reader connected via usb 3.0 to the motherboard.

Angry_American

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
You could just take the sd card out and put it in a card reader on a pc and then drag and drop your media files into it. Why not do that? It's what I've always done in the past. It's faster this way too, especially if you have a uhs 1 compliant card and a uhs-1 compliant card reader connected via usb 3.0 to the motherboard.

As the back covers are fragile and cheap it wouldn't be a good idea to keep pulling out the card for transfers. Why Samsung has to make hooking a phone to a computer so complicated I don't know. My N7 I just plug it in and it works. I have yet been able to get my N2 to connect and see the drives on my computer.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
As the back covers are fragile and cheap it wouldn't be a good idea to keep pulling out the card for transfers. Why Samsung has to make hooking a phone to a computer so complicated I don't know. My N7 I just plug it in and it works. I have yet been able to get my N2 to connect and see the drives on my computer.

Give Air Droid a shot like we said earlier. You don't have to unplug anything (keeps your phone charged too). And as long as you're in the same wireless network, you're good to go. It's pretty easy.

AirDroid-Desktop.png

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
As I recall when I first plugged mine into the PC, it asked to download a Samsung driver for Windows. Of course, I resisted and the device showed up as an
MTP device or something. could not send files.(Missing the T-Bolt!) Subsequently, plugged it in again, I accepted the Samsung driver. Now it shows up as a Portable Device with Card & Phone folders with full drag & drop functionality. Connection on GNote2 is MTP. I have noticed that when listening on the PC to music stored on the device, the files are cached to the PC before playing. Not sure if this phone would work as a mass-storage drive on a PC not connected to the internet...