Good free app to block spam SMS messages?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
today I'm being bombarded by spam. what's a good app to stop this?

How about SMSBlocker? good one? does using this prevent spammers from adding to my SMS count for each month? I pay for 250 messages per month.

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
The stock messaging came with the spam blocker. Long press the number on the messaging main page, then click "register number as spam" then it should block that number

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The stock messaging came with the spam blocker. Long press the number on the messaging main page, then click "register number as spam" then it should block that number

The problem with that is you will rarely ever receive a second spam message from the same number.

Dave, use a SMS blocker that filters the message by keywords. That's about the best you can do.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and installed SpamBlocker. it already blocked what it thought was spam. :) turns out it was from a weather app, re freezing temps tonight. its nice to see it is blocking texts from senders other than my contacts. not sure what happens with that app after the 15th day free trial. i hope it still has some decent functionality after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez