Is my Note 2 defective

BLACKELITE0095

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I got my Note 2 about a week ago and I've noticed that half of the time I press my power button that nothing happens (except the click from the button being pressed down). It's not in tell I apply hard pressure to the button that the phone wakes up or go's to sleep. I was wondering if this is normal or maybe a defect. Thank you

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Restart the phone and see if you have the same problem. Otherwise exchange it for another one because that doesn't sound normal.

BLACKELITE0095

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I restarted even did factory restore, I'm thinking of exchanging even though it's still functional, half the time it works with one click applying normal pressure, but then like I said, the other times I have to apply hard pressure (which is probably isn't good for the button) or click it more than once which is very annoying. Only had this phone for a week, that makes me sad.

Trodecke

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
When you look at the power button does it seem to be either recessed into the phone or at least flush with the side of the phone? I have roughly the same problem and my power button is slightly recessed into the side of the phone. The power button on my wife's GN2 stands proud of the phone by about a millimeter.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, the biggest beast on the block.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Had this problem... took care of it by soft bricking my phone.... I mean a normal restart. :/

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KZCY