Audio output to car quality question

Jim Ahrman

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Was just curious how the sound quality should be from the note to the aux input on car. I I think the quality is ok but I have to turn up the volume almost all the way, and if I don't turn it down before going back to radio I blow my ear drums out. The car is new gmc acadia. I just wasn't sure if there was a setting on phone I'm missing or something else going on or if that is normal.

Thanks

Jim

Thorin Oakenshield

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
It is the same to me, I have to turn the volume all the way up in AUX mode, and sometimes I accidently turn it back into radio mode and the volume would nearly shatter my wind shields

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I plug in everyday and sounds great. I use Google Music and sirius radio. Maybe car stereo are different, i don't know. That's only thing i miss about my evo is beats audio. Made my car stereo into a ghetto blaster, lol. But so far quality is very good with my note .are you sure the volume on the note is up all the way? Yesterday i plugged in and could not hear it, ,had to turn volume on car all the way up to hear. I was like "what the heck". Realized that my volume on my phone was almost all the way down.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Another thing when i first plugged note in 2 weeks ago i had to do same thing and turn all the way up and was angry until i realize i did not have the cord pushed down all the way into the phone. It was tough the first few times. Sought of had to click it in.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
When connecting in the car make sure the "media" volume on your phone is turned up to at least 90%. This will eliminate the need to crank up the volume on the car stereo. I have mine connected to a Tunelink BT connection in my Equinox and the MyLink system in my 2013 Camaro. It works great!

There is an app called CarHome Ultra. It is basically a car dock app, which I use a lot. I am on the road for a living as a territory manager for a financial institution so having my car wired right is critical. CarHome Ultra has a setting that allows you to set "media" volume to a specific level when you launch the app. You can add specific applications to CHU and run them from within the app. I have Nav, Maps, PowerAmp, Pandora, XM app, several contacts, etc, along with pause/play, skip and back for music.

You could also use a TecTile to set volume when getting in the car as another option.

On another note: if you have the equalizer set in your music app and the tones or equalizer set on your car stereo it can over compensate and sound like crap. I am using PowerAmp as my music player and it is a one touch process to turn on or off the EQ.

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I make sure the media volume is turned up on my phone (or iPod touch when I use that) but the AUX jack is just always quiet. I always have to crank the radio up as well. Now I just turn the radio volume knob down before a unplug my phone. It's turned into habit for me to always turn the volume down when I pull into my garage so when I switch to XM radio it doesn't kill my ears.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I make sure the media volume is turned up on my phone (or iPod touch when I use that) but the AUX jack is just always quiet. I always have to crank the radio up as well. Now I just turn the radio volume knob down before a unplug my phone. It's turned into habit for me to always turn the volume down when I pull into my garage so when I switch to XM radio it doesn't kill my ears.

Got to be the stereo then because that should not be

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
When I put the audio jack in, I run it all the way up, then back down one on the phone. Not quiet for me... even on like 2 volume on my head unit, sounds louder than 2 in the radio out of seriousness...

03 cavalier, jvc head unit, alpine interior speakers, Rockford fosgate tweeters and subs...

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't use my phone since my car has more built in stereo options than I need but my 2012 Acura TSX doesn't have this issue. I've tried Aux and Blue tooth audio with no sound problems.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

Jim Ahrman

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for tips I'll have to try those. I had volume most of the way up but not all the way. What blue tooth audio is everyone using in their car?
Thanks again

Jim

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Here's the solution, but be aware it requires rooting and unlocking your phone which if you haven't done by now you can't do anymore.

Install the Perseus kernel.
Open STweaks and go to Audio settings page
Adjust the Headphone Gain all the way to the right until it's at minimum 55
Plug in your AUX cable in the car and crank up Media volume to 100%

You're welcome.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for tips I'll have to try those. I had volume most of the way up but not all the way. What blue tooth audio is everyone using in their car?
Thanks again

Jim

My audio is built into my Acura ELS Premium Sound System.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Here's the solution, but be aware it requires rooting and unlocking your phone which if you haven't done by now you can't do anymore.

Install the Perseus kernel.
Open STweaks and go to Audio settings page
Adjust the Headphone Gain all the way to the right until it's at minimum 55
Plug in your AUX cable in the car and crank up Media volume to 100%

You're welcome.

At max on stock kernel, gets distorted in my car... why I take it down one notch... but then again, I have beats drivers.

Why does my phone automatically think max Payne when I type max?....

MARZ2

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I've tested several note 2's in my car and each one of them sounded different. Some had real good quality. My current one is not that good. I use premium dynaudio system in my car . The funny thing is almost all of them sounded perfect while using samsung ear-buds.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
All depends on the cable also... if you hook it up that way. I have 3 different ones and each sound different

mygt8a4re

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
If your running an aftermarket headunit (some newer stock units), you should have the ability to set the level of AUX, CD, FM/radio....I always set these levels so they all match evenly. This way there is no deafening senarios when switching between modes....

Persill

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I also have to raise the volume to max when playing music, but i have always had to do that even with my previous devices (iPhone 4S). It doesn't bother me much because i'm used to it; however, i don't think it's a Note II issue but more related to your car stereo setup.

DIPNINANOUT

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah its car audio because i have to one turn it up on phone and two car audio is staticy lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87